Castlerigg Hall Caravan Park, Keswick

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi there, Has anyone stayed here this year, and what are your thoughts about the site? we stayed here 2 years ago and loved, great serviced hard standing pitches with fabulous views, however the shower / toilet block let it down, it didn't seem as well kept as the rest of the site. quite often dirty and never any soap or toilet rolls. Anyway we are thinking of going back 2007 and give it another try, so if anyone has been recently and can comment i'd love to hear from you. Many Thanks. Andrew.

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
HI Andrew, We stayed there in may and fell in love with the place, the shower blocks seemed ok when we were there, but the rest of the site and the views more than make up for any thing else. The staff were all very helpful and if you like rabbits there is thousands of them lol. All in all we will with out doubt be going again. try and get a pitch high up on the site with the the best views.

Thanks

Andy

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy, Thanks for that, yea we've decided if we go back this coming summer we'd try to get a pitch high up as last time we were second row from the very bottom. Again we loved it there it was only the showers that put us off! But it couldn't of been that bad as we'd love to go back. We also found on our visit that the people were ok as i've found with other private sites, that sometimes the folk staying on site arn't who you would like to be near if you know what I mean. I'm no way a snob and very down to earth, but I prefer to be able to relax and not get bothered by rowdy not so nice folk. Cheers Andrew.

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
how eerie is that we were on the same level as you in may we were the first pitch on that level and even then the views were amazing, Can you suggest any other sites in the lakes to visit?

Thanks Andy

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy, We were second pitch in on second row from bottom.

Any way, I have stayed at Fluscowood just off A66 nr Penrith (www.fluscowood.co.uk) nice site, imacculate shower/toilet building, all hardstanding fully serviced pitches, however views not that good!

Another site is CC Troutbeck Head again just off A66 between Penrith and Keswick, Hardstanding, fully serviced pitches available, 2 good toilet/shower blocks, usual Caravan club standard and nice views from site, but I don't think any other site that I know of stacks up to Castlerigg for the VIEWS!!

My parents stayed at both CC Meathop Fell nr Grange over Sands this summer, i'm told this site was immaculate and peaceful, i realy fancy going here too from what my Dad has told me. Also Camping and caravanning Club Derwent water site in Keswick again gets good rewiews but not allowed awnings here,Again my Dad realy liked this site.

However you are only 2 mins walk into Keswick town centre, C&CC do have another site next door to this site down lane, down side of Rugby club where you can use awnings but I think this site gets very busy, but I have no personal experience so can't comment too much!

I'm quite new to caravanning so still doing lots of homework and trying to find those better sites.

Hope this helps, let me know of any sites you'd recommend for future reference. Cheers! Andrew.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
are you two for real same pitch same site same name

or is it just andrew talking to himself hurmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Hello Andrew:

We first stayed there last September; went bacj this September for 2 weeks and have now booked up for next May and next September 2007! As you gather, we love the site. We love the atmosphere, the facilities are excellent (including teh wash rooms). The staff are friendly and very helpful. It does get booked up though; our favourite pitches are booked up at least 12 months in advance. However, it's the location that is superb. Just walk out of the gate, tunr right and within 10 minutes you are scaling Walla Crag with glorious views over Cat Bells, Skiddaw and the magnificent Derwent Water. You won't regret going to this site !

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts