CC Booking in Advance

MJC

May 24, 2006
Visit site
I booked in advance to go to a CC site. My friends then wanted to go. We looked on the website - it was full. It was full for a whole week so we said we would look at another site. But because when we were booking we only had the book we were phoning up we phoned the one that was full - and guess what it wasn't. do you know why - tghey keep some aside. That doesn't seem fair. The site is booked up for every weekend - but if you phone up its not. It IS NOT people who have cancelled because the I have been looking every day to book for my friends. Makes you wonder. It doesn't work. I have told them but they are ! a victim of their own success" - NO IT IS AN UNFAIR SYSTEM AND I COULD HAVE MISSED A WEEKEND AWAY WITH MY FRIENDS. Are they going to do anything - NO. It need ssorting and I will be phoning first thing tomorrow to express my contempt at how they are running MY CLUB that I PAY FOR.

Phew glad I that off my chest!

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Mandy,

I sympathise with you in this matter.However due to unforeseen emergencies which can happen on site, keeping a couple of pitches vacant would not be unreasonable. In all my 30 plus years of using mainly Caravan Club sites i have known of 4 deaths on site,and over 6 people being rushed into hospital. In almost all of the cases the remaining occupants of the caravans needed to extend their bookings.In all cases the wardens did everything they could to help, even allowing the 21 days to be exceeded. The last thing a member wants, sometimes miles from home, with husband/wife/ child seriously ill in hospital is to be told to get their caravan of the site. It is a fact of life these things happen.

Hamer

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Recently had a similar experience of a CC booking where the site was shown as full on the web so I phoned the site ( not the CC central booking) to check on possibility of cancellations.

The very helpful site rep confirmed that they will probably get cancellations, but also that at this time of year they make late decisions re opening grass pitches when they can see the weather forcast.

So I guess from that point of view it seems reasonable. You could look on the late availablity as extra pitches which could not be advertised at an earlier date.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
I think the comments of Hamer and Thorpedo are reasonable reasons to keep the odd pitch open. However, it is clear the CC have not got their online booking system right and they seem to just bury their head in the sand when anyone comments about it.

We tried to book, 3 weeks in advance, via the website for our recent trip to Ferry Meadows and Cherry Hinton sites (just returned home) The website showed the dates we wanted were not available for both sites.

However, by phoning the sites direct and talking to the wardens I had no problem at all booking all the dates we wanted. When on site both Ferry Meadows and Cherry Hinton had many empty pitches during our entire stay.

I think the wardens do a great job and as far as the online booking service is concerned they are as browned off with its inability to update efficiently just as much as the general members are. One Warden told me this is a common fault members complain about and they (the wardens) can access a different set of screens to those the general members see and their screens are regularly updated and therefore more accurate.

I think it is time the CC made their online booking system far more robust because as it is we have little faith in its accuracy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts