CC National rally

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

We've been going for many years, and enjoy it but it is not everyones cup of tea, even friends of our did not enjoy there experience. There is lots to do and see on site (traders, caravans and accessories), visit the stately home. It can be very wet and muddy so be prepared, choose EHU if you want electricity, places on electrics are limited!

Our 11 year old really enjoys meeting up with people and taking part in activities. He has attended every Nationals that has been since he was born.

If you have any questions I will try and answer them.

Alan

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Alan. I've booked a EHU pitch. Not sure if all those people and all the organised bit is my cup of tea but if you don't try different things, how do you know. Worst that could happen is that we'll hate it and never go agan. Heigh ho! A friend of mine at church goes regularly and he thinks its great. Chances of you bumping into us are remote but the world is so small you may end up pitched next to us. Swift challenger, Sante Fe, shouting at 11 yr old, short fat and welsh, easily spotted!

I do have a question, are awnings allowed?

best wihes

mel

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mel,

I do know you won't be pitched next to us as we are part of the Club band and we have our own area as part of the admin lines.

Yes you are allowed awnings,basically anything you might have on an ordinary club site.

I'm glad you are going with an open mind, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Alan

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Chrisbee. Only just seen your post as we have been away over half term. Then had to wait to stop laughing before I could type. Love it. (the short fat and welsh is of course me, I call him much worse!)

Thanks for the answer about the awning Alan, consider yourself lucky not to be pitched next to us!

mel

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I was involved in running the Irish National CC rally. I have to say it would be one of my least favorite rallies as it has too many caravans, too many motorhomes (I wish the CC was more exclusive and banned motorhomes in the same way the Motorhome Club does not allow caravans) and most of all the people we know etc were too diluted by the strangers. It is worth noting the Irish National was around 140 outfits so tiny compared with the English National which I gather can have several thousand.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Actually we would have been going (just to experience it), but the wife went and got pregnant so we are just staying on this side of the Irish Sea this year. I am sure Nationals suit many people, but for me I like small rallies where you know a significant percentage of there. At the Irish National, Ulster Centre members who you never see at other rallies appeared out of the woodwork.

We're going too can't wait. Been on the 06 and 07 rallys and loved it. Might see some of you there :)

Oh and we're on field E6.

Hint for anybody not been before make sure you have a good torch because if you're out after dark you'll need it to find your caravan lol

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Also going. Made a start on packing the van today in betwen the showers. Hope the weather brightens up. Might meet some of you there but of course no way to recognise each other! We're on E7. Me, Him and foster son.

mel

Mel you'll recognise us if you see us just look out for 5ft woman with 6ft hubby (and taller BIL who's coming with us) and we will have a Rottweiler and Cocker Spanial.

Washed caravan today will start packing through the week i am so looking forward to it my brothers a trader so if you see him he's the one who sells accesories with the GSD if he's awake and walking about.

Please come and say hello would be lovely to meet someone off the forums.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I'll watch out for you. I am also only 5ft tall (well 4 foot 11 and a half!) and rather rotund. Dwarfed in height by foster son who, although only 11, is about 5ft 6ins! Hope it stops raining as looking forward to outdoor stuff.

mel

ps other distinguishing feature is welsh accent in spite of living in the midlands for last 30 years.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Did the national at Blenhiem 2 years ago,bit of a mudbath as it rained most of the weekend,but that could happen anywhere,

Entertainment was good and would at least recommend to go once ,im not really a crowdy person so have now ticked that box and moved onto other things.

Mickey if you thought Blenheim was bad you should of been at Tatton Park the year before lol.

Maybe see you there Mel come and say hi if you spot us.

Have a great time everyone going we're all ready and can't wait now :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just come back from the rally. First time. When I signed up I thought, "What are you doing. You hate this sort of thing". I imagined being packed in so tight that I could read next door's newspaper. We were'nt. I imagined all sorts of enforced camaraderie, there wasn't, just pleasant chat. I imagined a lot of noise, bustle and shoulder to shoulder crowds. There was a good atmosphere but actually quite calm and peaceful. The Ents were good and the worship service on Sunday excellent. Cyril the squirrel and the terriers was a hoot!! I thought it was a value for money do but failed to take into account the small fortune that I would spend on accessories and other goodies from the various stalls. All in all excellent, and weather to match. If anyone who organises it or volunteers reads this forum can I say thank you, I had a great time.

mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just come back from the rally. First time. When I signed up I thought, "What are you doing. You hate this sort of thing". I imagined being packed in so tight that I could read next door's newspaper. We were'nt. I imagined all sorts of enforced camaraderie, there wasn't, just pleasant chat. I imagined a lot of noise, bustle and shoulder to shoulder crowds. There was a good atmosphere but actually quite calm and peaceful. The Ents were good and the worship service on Sunday excellent. Cyril the squirrel and the terriers was a hoot!! I thought it was a value for money do but failed to take into account the small fortune that I would spend on accessories and other goodies from the various stalls. All in all excellent, and weather to match. If anyone who organises it or volunteers reads this forum can I say thank you, I had a great time.

mel

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
We had a great time too Mel shame we didn't get to say hello.

Did you buy any accesories off the stall that had the GSD walking about :)
Hi All.

Just like to thank those that organised the rally, we had a really great time, we booked tickets to the Kia Marquee on the Sat & Sun and thoroughly enjoyed both shows, will be going again next year.

Regards ob.

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site

mel
Mel,

Ref Cyril and the Terriers....

Very good but after about 5 Nationals with the same old thing it gets a bit wearing.......

Glad u had a good time tho.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your reply kev but I posted this in february LAST YEAR and went to the national rally in May last year. Had a great time. Can recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.

mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts