CC sites without toilet blocks

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
We have just returned from Threeways CC site near Marazion. A truly lovely site, made even more so by the Wardens. As a rule we have found that those sites which have one Warden couple are generally nicer. The Wardens are much more friendly and less aggressive.

Last year we stayed at Trewethett Farm near Tintagel and apart from incompetence and having a queue out of the gate, there was an awful atmosphere going on between the Wardens.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I agree, we've been to Threeways, Marazion a few times now and it's one of our favourite sites. Just a pity that most of the pitches are uneven.

Two more similar CC sites that are top of our list are Englethwaite Hall, Cumbria and Doldowlod, Powys. Neither have shower blocks but all have excellent dog walks.

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
I agree, we've been to Threeways, Marazion a few times now and it's one of our favourite sites. Just a pity that most of the pitches are uneven.

Two more similar CC sites that are top of our list are Englethwaite Hall, Cumbria and Doldowlod, Powys. Neither have shower blocks but all have excellent dog walks.
Hi can you please let me know if Englethwaite Hall has electric hook ups? Also what is the access roads like?

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi can you please let me know if Englethwaite Hall has electric hook ups? Also what is the access roads like?
Englethwaite has electric hook up but no toilet block. I did not find the access too bad. However some of the pitches towards the top by the storage compound are a bit tight. The best ones, in my opinion are on the old hall foundations.

Alex

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A favorite CC site off mine is Totnes. It is within the town border and a short stroll to the shops. It is located adjacent to Steamer Quay where you can start / terminate the bus / steam train / boat Round Robin to Paignton, Dartmouth and back to Totnes. The site is CC managed for the Council. There are no EHU's and the toilet block is a little tired. The wardens are very friendly and work hhard to keep the site up to standard. It is reminiscent of a French town municipal site.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We have stayed manytimes at CC Grummore Altnahara pitched on the the shore of Loch Naver.

What a beautiful peaceful site run by husband and wife wardens.

Dog walks galore.

No toilet block. But then that's why you have one in your own caravan.

Cheers

Dustydog

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Alex about the wardens at Trewethett Farm. We were there last year, and although I didn't notice any atmosphere between the wardens, we found one warden in particular quite rude and offhand. She spoke to us as though we were idiots and had no patience whatsoever - it's not as though she was run off her feet as we were the only ones booking in at that time!! She had no conversation, never smiled, and had a long face every time we saw her. If they can't be civil to people and don't enjoy what they do, then they shouldn't be there should they!!!! Having said that, that's the only bad experience we've had with any warden out of all the sites we've stayed on.

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Alex about the wardens at Trewethett Farm. We were there last year, and although I didn't notice any atmosphere between the wardens, we found one warden in particular quite rude and offhand. She spoke to us as though we were idiots and had no patience whatsoever - it's not as though she was run off her feet as we were the only ones booking in at that time!! She had no conversation, never smiled, and had a long face every time we saw her. If they can't be civil to people and don't enjoy what they do, then they shouldn't be there should they!!!! Having said that, that's the only bad experience we've had with any warden out of all the sites we've stayed on.
Well....even wardens have to be menopausal sometimes you know!!

;0)

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We've just spent a very enjoyable weekend at The Covert CC site, in the Thetford Forest - again, no toilet block.

Non of the early morning exodus to get a shower (not by us) makes a big difference to the peace and tranquility! :O)

I know alot of people would not choose to this type of site, but they really don't know what they're missing - still more space for us!! LOL

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
We've just spent a very enjoyable weekend at The Covert CC site, in the Thetford Forest - again, no toilet block.

Non of the early morning exodus to get a shower (not by us) makes a big difference to the peace and tranquility! :O)

I know alot of people would not choose to this type of site, but they really don't know what they're missing - still more space for us!! LOL
Hi

We stayed at Trewethett Farm last year but must say we found the wardens really pleasnat and helpful.

Luckily we arrived just before people started queing up the lane, but even though we had to have a good look around to find a pitch at no time did we find any of the warden less than helpful.

In fact we've never really had any problems with wardens thank goodness, perhaps at the worst one at a site I won't mention was a little edgey but that's it.

Tom

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Another site in the same catergory seems to be Round Plantation at Mildenhall. It's mentioned in the latest CC magazine. Anyone been and what's the dog walk like?

We are going to Slinfold later in the year, another similar site built on the old railway station.

Like Dusty, we use our own facilities plus the fact that the sites are cheaper :O)

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Another site in the same catergory seems to be Round Plantation at Mildenhall. It's mentioned in the latest CC magazine. Anyone been and what's the dog walk like?

We are going to Slinfold later in the year, another similar site built on the old railway station.

Like Dusty, we use our own facilities plus the fact that the sites are cheaper :O)
Lord B

Have a look at CLs nearby cheaper still. Not that I have any interest in them !!!!

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Wendy

Last October time I saw in the EDP a planning application for a toilet block for the Covert.
Hi David, yes we saw their planning application too! The site opened a little later this year, and it appeared they had only removed areas of concrete and reseeded - so no toilet block! Maybe the application was not approved?!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well LB Round Plantation is stones throw away from RAF Mildenhall where the americans fly in and out quite heavy planes.

When in the good old days we used to have a yearly airshows, this was a must for loyal fans to camp out.

Never had need to to use it myself as Colchester is not very far from the airbase, but I thought I would enlighten you with its whereabouts..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts