CCC cancellation policy.

May 31, 2007
Visit site
I've just had to cancel a booking for this weekend at a CCC site, and been told that they no longer refund deposits for canceled bookings. Is it just me or does this seem a bit unreasonable?

I can quite accept that I lose my deposit if I don't turn up, or even if I cancel on the day, but to lose it for canceling several days in advance seems a bit much. Also, I was told I couldn't even reschedule the booking for a later date.

The really annoying thing is that it was the same site that last year canceled our booking (with no compensation) because the site was water logged.

I am now seriously considering not renewing my CCC membership, and I will definitely not be booking in advance again, can't afford to lose £30 if I have to cancel.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have not looked up the rules,I suppose their argument is that the administration costs make it unrealistic to refund.However it then becomes unproductive as they(unlike the CC)take a deposit to help prevent 'no shows'which means others can have access to the pitch but if you will not get your deposit back if you cancel in good time then many will just not bother telling the site and it all defeats itself.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
It might also be because what is called High Season now, and pitches are sort after, any cancellations even with plenty of notice, unless they can re-book the pitch, site would lose out on pitch fees. It might be CCC site's policy, don't know just a thought. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you sure that you have really lost the deposit? I have always understood that they transferred the fee to a holding account, and it would be then available to use against future bookings. That has certainly been what has happened whenever we have had to cancel. It may be that the nearness to your booking date is the problem, but I think I have cancelled that close in the past and had the fee credited (but only, I think, once they are able to re-let the pitch). I haven't needed to cancel this year, so the policy may have changed, but I have seen no notification of such a modification.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Hope the following helps. The CC&C cancellation policy is:

6. The Refund, Cancellation and Amendment Policy

Advance Bookings

A deposit of 25% of the total cost of each pitch booking with (a minimum charge of

May 12, 2005
Visit site
George,

Yesterday I cancelled a booking for the coming weekend because the CLA Game fair has been cancelled. I didn`t expect a refund as I dont think 5/6 days notice is good enough, the owners may have turned away others, the chance of filling the pitch now must be remote.

Tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
George

I had to cancel a booking at short notice in June due to a sudden hopitalisation for my wife. I contacted the site and they told me that no refund was available and to contact Mr Peter Pankhurst at the CCC. I duly wrote a letter enclosing a copy of the hospital letter showing the short notice. After 4 weeks I tried to contact Mr Parker by phone but to no avail and left 2 messages. In desparation I sent an e mail stating my grievance and that a letter to the PC Forum was iminent.The next day I had an e mail stating that my booking money had been refunded to my credit card.Just shows you the power of the Forum!

Clive S

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I agree about paying a deposit for a booking and their credit system to prevent no shows which is betetr than the CC and I thoroughly dislike the C & CC as an organisation,

It seems you have another jobsworth in charge. I suggest writing a letetr to C & CC pointing out their own rules. If no response after 14 days send them a "Letter before Action" advising that as per your consuemr rights and the C & CC contract agreed you are going to take them to the small claims court as you want either a refund or the deposit put into a credit acount which should earn interest like any other deposit account.

May 31, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the replies, but it looks like the policy has changed, and if you give less than a weeks notice you lose the money. According to the woman at the site, this change is quite recent, but was in the magazine. Well I don't remember seeing it. Surely a change like that should be notified in writing to all member. But then again maybe it was and I just missed it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re Ian's post ... why is litigation always seen as the answer? We are becoming as bad as the Americans. A recent case of note concerned a lawyer whose trousers were mislaid by a Dry Cleaning firm. The lawyer claimed $54M - read all about it here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6238364.stm

And another point - interest on money in a CCC holding account. A deposit rate of 4% would give an annual return of

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
And another point. Were the club to pay interest on fees in the holding account, it would be required by law to deduct 20% income tax.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Because litigation seems to be the only way forward o wake up organisations who have a record of poor customer service like the C & CC where probably nearly every one of their sites is run by a jobsworth or have I been unfortunate in my selection? Thanks goodness I am no longer a member and don't have to put up with their unfriendly petty rules.

Take them for every penny that you can get out of them, then see if you can get some more! Next time they will not be making the same mistake.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts