CCC pitch prices

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Booked April and May early December not knowing at time what the new pitch price would be. Yesterday printed off new price list And saw that the payment taking was over £40 each for both holidays dearer. Spoke to them about it and told it is a "floating" price according to time etc. Just cannot understand reason for giving prices if not accurate. I have got use to car insurance doing that and benefited by purchasing much early on , why should CCC do that?.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Prices for pretty much everything is going up, if you are using a pitch with electric hookup then there’s the first thing that sites will increase the charge for, then there’s staff wages will have increased, as will council rates etc etc, I think it’s inevitable that prices will increase, I’m not happy about it any more than the OP but it’s just a fact of how life is costing more & more.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You don’t mention whether the increase of £40 each was for a night or you said you’d booked April and May so could be as much as 61 nights in which case if my mental arithmetic is anywhere accurate your looking at less than 70 pence each per night your staying.

BP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Check what the booking form says about price rises.

Generally if you pay in full in advance of a booking, then the contract has been set and price rises should not be applicable.

But if you only book the site and do not pay the full cost up front, then new tariffs might be applicable, unless your booking details include a price promise.

Reactions: Robert_374373903
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Prof, I do not agree, as when you book with the CCC the deposit means there is a contract in place and the full cosy of the stay is part of it. There can be provision for unexpected costs like a change in VAT rate, but the basic rate should be fixed. Not sure what happened here, did the booking have a provisional price or was it just a reservation subject to 2022 prices? Ad a bit more detail would help, but it does seem odd.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for replies. The price given was done on line supposing it would be that like other times when I have booked. The increase was £40 per week, so paying £80 more than first quoted for the two weeks. As far as I can remember when I book a price comes up and that is what I paid . Mind you, when it came up on my banking I do not pay much attention to it in the past. The reason for the thread was I did not know they did this . Lastly, we enjoy these trips each month so will carry long as we can.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Prof, I do not agree, as when you book with the CCC the deposit means there is a contract in place and the full cosy of the stay is part of it. There can be provision for unexpected costs like a change in VAT rate, but the basic rate should be fixed. Not sure what happened here, did the booking have a provisional price or was it just a reservation subject to 2022 prices? Ad a bit more detail would help, but it does seem odd.
That may be true for the CCC. But somewhere they must make that promise. However the T&C's of each site should show how they deal with price rises that might arise between booking and actually attending the site.

As always its actually worth reading the T&C's.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Normally when a deposit is paid the n the contract becomes legal and binding. If they amend the T&Cs at a later stage the original T&Cs still apply. In some cases even if there was a clause, it could be deemed an Unfair clause depending on the circumstances.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I think there is a bit of understanding regarding this . What happened is that the price given when I booked turned out to be £40 dearer than the '22 prices sent out, and when I questioned it they then said the prices on the new list are "from" . That is why I mentioned what is the use of doing that especially they knew the prices for later in the year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts