CCC sites - free nights

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone help me please?

If you want to use a 'free night' - I understand you can only claim one per visit. However, is there a minimum number of nights you have to stay before you can use it? (What I mean is, if you only booked for two or three nights, can you still claim your 'free night'?

Thanks.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

You can use as many Site night vouchers as you wish.If you stay for one night you can use one voucher.When you book in you must declare you have voucher or vouchers. What I believe you can't do is pick which days of a continuous stay to use the voucher.

For example if you start the holiday before a bank holiday, you can't save your vouchers to use for later that week to cover the Bank Holiday period.

Regards Jim

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
You can indeed use a free night voucher when staying for 2 nights. We have used up a free night many times when on weekend outings.

Hope this helps, Dan.

G

They are a loyalty bonus. Afdter so many nights booked you get a voucher.

The CC runs a similar scheme but uses points on its Credit Card.

May 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi

There are several different free night vouchers. I presume that you refer to the Camping and Caravanning Club 'Camping Miles' promotion from the replies given.

At the start of each year you should recieve a 'Camping Miles Passport'. For each night you stay on a C&CC site you receive stamps 1 in low season. 2 in mid and 4 in high. For a free night you need 10 for low, 20 for mid, and 40 for high.

Its changing this year. For free nights earned on camping miles during 2008 (which can be claimed until the end of june 2009) there is no minimum stay. For example if you stayed for only one night that night would be free (though you would still have to pay for hook up each night if you required it). After June 2009 all unclaimed nights expire

For free nights earned in 2009 there is a minimum stay of two nights before a free night can be claimed.

You can only clain one free night per visit whether that be 2 days or 21.

Please be aware the many sites operate a mnimum stay policy where all bookings must be for a minimum of two or more nights irespective of whether or not free nights are being claimed.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for all the replies, that's brilliant. I'll be using them in the lake district area before the end of June, I should be able to stop at about three CCC campsites to use them.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It looks like they have changed the rules for 2009 i.e. only one free night per visit which must be for two or more nights. I had no problem using them when staying for one night at Salisbury last autumn.

It looks like they were to successsful and the Club were loosing too much money. I still have about 60 stamps from 2008 but doubt that I will now use them with the rules as they stand.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It looks like they have changed the rules for 2009 i.e. only one free night per visit which must be for two or more nights. I had no problem using them when staying for one night at Salisbury last autumn.

It looks like they were to successsful and the Club were loosing too much money. I still have about 60 stamps from 2008 but doubt that I will now use them with the rules as they stand.
Sorry saw Robert's post which says the same as me, but better, and he has clarified that 2008 points can be used for single nights up to June 2009.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
What I find VERY annoying is that if you are not allowed to use two separate books. For example - you've accumulated 20 stamps in one book - forgotten it - so you accumulate 20 more stamps in another book. The C&CC won't let you use both books in one go.... even though they're all valid.

Sounds like a good idea - but in reality, you're not saving a great deal of money as you have to pay for the hook up anyhow.

I guess it brings down the cost of a weekend away.

I think they should reconsider this point.

How does the Caravan Club scheme work?

Mac

May 27, 2007
Visit site
Ray

Please don't be put off. The new rules only apply to those points accumulated in the 2009 season. Those accumulated in 2008 are valid until the end of June 2009 under the old rules (1 night stays are allowed).

Sorry if this point was not clear in my original post.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks-I thought i had lost my free nights.Great that I have till June.I also got CCC vouchers from my equally enthusiastic camper sister as a present.I may get a few free nights this year!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts