Cello 12v TV

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been thinking about buying a 12v tv for when i get the solar panels on the roof of the van and came accross Cello 22" 12v tv with built in DVD Freeview and DVB-S / S2 Sat tuner and USB record.
Tv Village have them for £239 but i have found the same model at Misco for £189.
I was wondering if anyone has one or had one and can tell me if they are a good buy, they do seem to be a bargain price wise.
I did see Argos have Alba 19 and 22 inch tv's that can run from 12v but dont have the featurs that the Cello has.
Maybe someone knows of a different make with all these features,

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi, hope its not too late but we have had a cello 12v tv/dvd/freeview for roughly 4 years, it has been pretty much issue free, (lose connection inside) the only issue we have is if looking at the screen from an angle it looks very dark, so really need to look straight on or at most 25 degree angle.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi there
thanks for your reply, its not too late at all i have put off buying a new tv for the time as i have bought a new car so my mind has been elsewhere although once i get bored with the car i am sure the Cello tv will be back on the list of things to buy.
Thanks again
John

pmb

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
There are quite a few reviews on amazon. Seem to be a few issues with rogue pixels but if you get a good one they do seem good value especially with a built in DVB-S2 tuner and the 12v operation. I'm tempted to try one for the kitchen or spare bedroom/hobbies room as I have a satellite feed into the latter and could do the same for the former.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine has got a few black pixels through out screen, but nothing that causes a problem. as said my only issue is viewing angle, but no issues with dvd or free view, I would check when you buy, if it comes with a 12v cigarette type plug as well as standard 3pin adapter, as mine didn't, but was easy enough to buy separate.

Oct 12, 2006
Visit site
Hello Johnandrew
I have a 19" cello with sat tuner, I often use mine on the continent so always use satelite: I have not had any real issues, however I do not think tuner set up and usb record functions are user friendly. `generally though I am pleased with picture and sound quality although sound can be improved by using your van speaker system via radio media input.

pmb

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It looks like your paying extra for the traveller range as they have an inbuilt HD satellite tuner and a 12v car cigarette lead. CPC have the 19 inch one for £178.80 at the moment.

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
We have this model and generally find it ok with a mention about the sound quality which I understand is a problem with many of the thin led tv we sometimes run our sound thro the vans radio/cd player to give a better sound quality

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts