Bord Atlas Germany

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I am going to Germany in July and have a copy of Bord Atlas for stelplatz. It gives dimensions for allowed units. Does anybody know if they are very keen on the measurements as my car and caravan are 12.5 MTRS. This would rule out all those who quote up to 12 MTRS . I have emailed Bord Atlas several times but am yet to receive a reply.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I am going to Germany in July and have a copy of Bord Atlas for stelplatz. It gives dimensions for allowed units. Does anybody know if they are very keen on the measurements as my car and caravan are 12.5 MTRS. This would rule out all those who quote up to 12 MTRS . I have emailed Bord Atlas several times but am yet to receive a reply.
There doesn't seem any point publishing outfit limits and then allowing over-size units in.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I understand that every pitch is inspected and new or modified ones also inspected too. So if they put a restriction on if 12 m I would not expect the editorial team to relax those restrictions.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Bord Atlas is primarily for motorhomes. More often than not, Stellplätze don't allow caravans anyway, so you definitely need to check in advance. The 12m length limit applies to motorhomes or other non-articulated vehicles. I don't know of any caravans of that length.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Bord Atlas is primarily for motorhomes. More often than not, Stellplätze don't allow caravans anyway, so you definitely need to check in advance. The 12m length limit applies to motorhomes or other non-articulated vehicles. I don't know of any caravans of that length.
Hi Lutz, thanks for your reply. There are quite a few that allow car and caravan combinations, I understand the limit applies to motorhomes which is why I have asked the question re car and caravan which of course when unhitched are both well under 12mtrs.
There doesn't seem any point publishing outfit limits and then allowing over-size units in.
Hi Roger, thanks for your reply. I am asking about a car and caravan combination which when unhitched are obviously not 12mtrs each, the published length is for motorhomes.
I understand that every pitch is inspected and new or modified ones also inspected too. So if they put a restriction on if 12 m I would not expect the editorial team to relax those restrictions.
Hi Clive thanks for your reply. As I am towing a caravan and would be unhitched on the allotted pitch I was trying to find out if the published dimensions still apply.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lutz, thanks for your reply. There are quite a few that allow car and caravan combinations, I understand the limit applies to motorhomes which is why I have asked the question re car and caravan which of course when unhitched are both well under 12mtrs.

Hi Roger, thanks for your reply. I am asking about a car and caravan combination which when unhitched are obviously not 12mtrs each, the published length is for motorhomes.

Hi Clive thanks for your reply. As I am towing a caravan and would be unhitched on the allotted pitch I was trying to find out if the published dimensions still apply.
If as Lutz says the 12m is primarily to provide motorhome access, then as you say an uncoupled caravan should be able to manoeuvre into the pitch using the mover. Even a coupled outfit might be okay given it articulates, Be good to hear of the outcome of your enquiry. Good luck.

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
For information, I have now received a reply from Bord Atlas and it is basically up to the individual site but if it is advertised as up to 12 MTRS for a motorhome it "should" be ok for car and caravan. Also if using car and caravan the tow car often has to be parked elsewhere. There are over 500 Stelplatz in the Bord Atlas directory for Germany that take car and caravan, these range from no facility and 3 places up to full blown camping sites.
Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Mel and otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts