Change of towcar information

May 8, 2005
Visit site
I am looking at changing my towcar for either a Freelander TD4 or ford Galaxy Ghia 1.9TDi spending about 12k, I did look a a 51 shogun sport but fueling this would need a petrol tanker in tow, I tow a 2003 Compass Omega what are peoples views on both of these cars.

Any info would be good.

Cheers

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stephen I changed from a Laguna to a 02 reg Freelander TD4 2 months ago and found the freelander to be faultless cannot believe the fuel consumption it is excellent, have towed our Bailey Pageant Moselle 4 times now with no problems.I can highly recommend it and am only sorry I didn't do it earlier.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stve,

I tow my Bailey Pageant Loire with a Volkswagen Sharan (a galaxy by any other name) and its unbelievable I get on avarage 34 Mpg and its such a doddle to tow no snaking or wobbling. On the other hand friends of ours got rid of their Freelander as it kept breaking down ( just as we came of the ferry at Calais was the final straw) He now tows witha Sharan as I do and neither of us can fault them.Hope this helps.

Dave

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stve,

I tow my Bailey Pageant Loire with a Volkswagen Sharan (a galaxy by any other name) and its unbelievable I get on avarage 34 Mpg and its such a doddle to tow no snaking or wobbling. On the other hand friends of ours got rid of their Freelander as it kept breaking down ( just as we came of the ferry at Calais was the final straw) He now tows witha Sharan as I do and neither of us can fault them.Hope this helps.

Dave
Suggest you look at the site "honestjohn" where they give you an honest opinion of both vehicles I too was considering a Freelander and the bad reports I must admit, scared me off.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stephen. I used a Freelander TD4 as a company vehicle up until March for three years. I covered over 110,000 miles in the vehicle with no mechanical problems with over 10,000 towing 1400kg. Economy was great solo and towing, the engine was refined and the gearing excellent. It would sit all day in fifth at sixty on the motorway. I would gladly have taken another Freelander as a company vehicle but moved to a Honda Accord Tourer diesel to reduce the amount of money I had to pay the tax man. Richard S

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
hi

I think the sharan because I think you'll find the fact the rear two seats come out will give you more valuable space,especially when off on your hols !!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts