Changing Gas Regulator- help!

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I want to change the gas regulator in my 2009 Bailey Pageant Bretagne. I had a (fixed) Truma regulator gum up on me this weekend and have zero pressure (common problem if you Google it). I can't be bothered messing around with my dealer and warranties, so I'm going to purchase a Gaslow system.
Can I retro fit the regulator or do I need a qualified gas fitter to do it? Will I invalidate insurance/warranties if I DIY fit?
Many thanks
Chris

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As it forms part of the fixed gas installation you must have it fitted by a suitably qualified fitter and pressure tested and a safety certificate issued.
Failing to do so would invalidate any remaining warranty on the gas system

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Chris in Swansea said:
Hello,
I want to change the gas regulator in my 2009 Bailey Pageant Bretagne. I had a (fixed) Truma regulator gum up on me this weekend and have zero pressure (common problem if you Google it). I can't be bothered messing around with my dealer and warranties, so I'm going to purchase a Gaslow system.
Can I retro fit the regulator or do I need a qualified gas fitter to do it? Will I invalidate insurance/warranties if I DIY fit?
Many thanks
Chris
Why go the hassle if it is under warranty and will be done free of charge. Although it is your decision, it will take you a very long time to recoup the outlay on the gaslow system and refilling may be tricky depending on where you are when the gas runs out.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
If its a full Gaslow refillable system you are talking about have you checked that you can physically get your caravan to a forecourt gas pump? We cant on any located near us, the towed unit is too long and I would have to take the van up to and from the pump with the mover.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Thank you all. I'm just going to upgrade the regulator and stainless steel hose to prevent the problem happening again. I'm not going for the refillable tanks. And to answer the comment about take it back under warranty - my van is in storage about 25 miles away and I don't want to waste a couple of weekends for the sake of around £75 + fitting!

Thanks again.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
If you intend buying a clees regulator & S/S pigtail (same as gaslows offer) they are cheaper from BES http://www.bes.co.uk/?ref=google-BP-Gas-Fittings-Original-Keywords&kw=gas%20fittings&match-type=phrase&gclid=CPTexYSQ-acCFcJP4Qod1G_VqQ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts