Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Jaydug has been a member of this forum for many years and has posted regularly.
Sadly John died on June 10th and will be greatly missed by all that new him.
John Douglas was an inspirational caravanner with a vast knowledge gained over some 60 years.
It was remarkable that he managed to caravan until the age of 93.
John's blog is a must read for anyone interested in caravanning.
See Here

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Bill for the sad news, over the last few years I have followed his blogs, and his willingness to carry on.
Sad news RIP JAYDUG.

D

Deleted member 23278

Bill thank you. It's sad news but, news of a life lived well. If you are able to, please gather our condolences and pass them back to his daughters.

John,
You were an inspiration to us and also a fount of knowledge (from your Spanish blogs) when we were first able to go to Spain for long over-winter stays .
Also the skills and determination on display in the maintenance/repair/rebuild section of your blogs was useful in tackling similar (but seldom as in-depth) repairs etc.
John (Jaydug) you were, and through the legacy of your blogs, remain a beacon of hope and resilience in this world.
Camp In Peace.
Michael

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I loved reading John’s blog and even the later ones of his British tours were Interesting reads. My condolences to his family and friends.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Bill. Another sad loss to the world of caravanning. Our condolences to his family. Rest in peace John. Your blogs will continue to be well read. Thank you.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Indeed, such an inspirational man who captured our recreational hobby and so eloquently portrayed it by embracing this modern technology, continuing so long into life.
Thanks John, I admired you.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts