Changing Van?

Jan 31, 2023
Visit site
Hi,
1st post & apologies if I’m in the wrong section, but looking for a wide view.
We currently have a 2019 Elddis Riva 550 Black Edition (Avante). Its our 1st van & having experienced this one we now know what we would like in a 2nd van & are ready to change it.
Having visited the NEC show in November we had settled on the Bailey Unicorn Cadiz, but having further researched & read numerous reports regarding Bailey build quality & resulting possible issues, (leaks, quality of cabinets & fittings etc’) we are now considering the Adria Adora 612 Seine instead.
A dealer has offered me a good deal for a new but 2022 model.
As I mentioned, this will only be our 2nd van, so does anybody know, firstly, if there any significant updates on the 2023 model? (Compared to the 2022).
Also, any reasons I should not go for the Adria?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi Selawman and welcome to the forum.

My understanding of Adria‘s is they are well built but a bit on the heavy side. But I don’t have direct experience except for looking at them at shows. I did not use to like the layouts or colours. But both have improved a lot. But having said that, we all like different vans.

John

Reactions: Selawman
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
As has been said, Adria are heavy in comparison to other makes, so be sure your tow car can legally pull it.
Most caravan manufacturers "buy in" the internal fittings rather than make their own so the quality of fittings tends to be the same. If you think Baeileys have issues try looking at the other big manufacturers! Reports of needing (exceedingly expensive) entire front or rear panels due to the ABS cracking after the expiration if warranty, huge roof windows breaking and or leaking to name but a few.
I rather like the look of Adria's, but in comparison to other makes there are not that many around, so less numbers to compare to other mass market models for faults.
As I said at the outset, be sure your towcar is capable of towing it is your first task.

Jan 31, 2023
Visit site
As has been said, Adria are heavy in comparison to other makes, so be sure your tow car can legally pull it.
Most caravan manufacturers "buy in" the internal fittings rather than make their own so the quality of fittings tends to be the same. If you think Baeileys have issues try looking at the other big manufacturers! Reports of needing (exceedingly expensive) entire front or rear panels due to the ABS cracking after the expiration if warranty, huge roof windows breaking and or leaking to name but a few.
I rather like the look of Adria's, but in comparison to other makes there are not that many around, so less numbers to compare to other mass market models for faults.
As I said at the outset, be sure your towcar is capable of towing it is your first task.
Hi & thanks for the info’.
I have noticed that it’s not just Bailey, in fact my current van developed a leak from the large front window within a couple of months from new. Badly fitting seal & apparently ‘known fault’. ( During Covid so fixed myself).
Yes, have factored in towing. Currently 3.0D BMW X5, with the Elddis, but changing to D300 Range Rover Velar for the new van. Should be capable!
I tend to prefer to have a little in reserve!😀

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 31, 2023
Visit site
Hi Selawman and welcome to the forum.

My understanding of Adria‘s is they are well built but a bit on the heavy side. But I don’t have direct experience except for looking at them at shows. I did not use to like the layouts or colours. But both have improved a lot. But having said that, we all like different vans.

John
Thank you 👍

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Selawman welcome to the forum
We looked at Adria caravan they are well built and have great reviews and heavy but your BMW X5 and new car should have no problems

May 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
1st post & apologies if I’m in the wrong section, but looking for a wide view.
We currently have a 2019 Elddis Riva 550 Black Edition (Avante). Its our 1st van & having experienced this one we now know what we would like in a 2nd van & are ready to change it.
Having visited the NEC show in November we had settled on the Bailey Unicorn Cadiz, but having further researched & read numerous reports regarding Bailey build quality & resulting possible issues, (leaks, quality of cabinets & fittings etc’) we are now considering the Adria Adora 612 Seine instead.
A dealer has offered me a good deal for a new but 2022 model.
As I mentioned, this will only be our 2nd van, so does anybody know, firstly, if there any significant updates on the 2023 model? (Compared to the 2022).
Also, any reasons I should not go for the Adria?
Try another Adria dealer. some will need to get rid of old stock.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts