Charing cross

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Absolutely nothing to do with caravanning, but can anyone help,please.

I have to pick up two very old, very frail people from the Dover train at Charing Cross a week Friday. The Charing Cross website tells me that there is absolutely no parking within the vicinity of the station, even for picking up.The only way I can think of is to drop off herself to go and look for our passengers, whilst I drive around until they come out of the station, then take a chance and stop to pick them up. Anyone think of anything better? I don't know London at all, and am not looking forward to the job at all, but have no alternative!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Best way is to do as you say, drop off Mrs E and pick up all three after a drive round the block. If you both have mobiles then you can be sure that they are ready.

Where do you live? The Dover train will probably stop at Sevenoaks and Orpington. Both are near the M25, and this could well be better than driving into central London. The downside is that the frail people would need to get off the train pronto, whereas at C-C they will have all the time they need.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will answer my own question. A bit of detective work has revealed that you live in Blaenavon.

I am not jealous of your impending journey.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will answer my own question. A bit of detective work has revealed that you live in Blaenavon.

I am not jealous of your impending journey.
Hi Mikep.That seems to be the best option. You're a couple of miles out in your geography, but not bad. Did you work it out from previous posts, or do you have some secret system?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mikep.That seems to be the best option. You're a couple of miles out in your geography, but not bad. Did you work it out from previous posts, or do you have some secret system?
If my memory serves me correctly there is nothing to beat a Swansea Jack.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts