Cheap crossings to France

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
I cant pesuade the wife to go over to France with the van for the week starting bank holiday weekend at the end of May. We have some Tesco vouchers and wonder whether anyone can give me an idea as to the cost from Portsmouth?

Thanks

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian,

Where are you thinking of going?

Unless someone knows different, the only place you can use tesco vouchers to get to on Continental Europe from Portsmouth is Bilbao, and, as a result of AT Ferries pulling out of that route, I'm sure the price will be strong this year.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
On another forum there is a whole thread about Tesco vouchers - and people there definitely use them for P and O ferries (Dover Calais) as well as Eurotunnel. This is part of one of the replies to a question about them:

"Look at www.tesco.com When that screen comes up click on clubcard (bottom left) and then you will get a the details. I paid

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
When you come to actualy placing a booking you will find that Tesco do not do P&O Dover Calais. Euro Tunnel do. But thats your lot. The Tesco booking system via P&0 lets you go so far then you find you cannot complete it.

If you are prepaired to go early ( up to 0600hrs) you can go for about

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
P.S.

As for the Wife, you have to use charm and personality for starters and if that fails lie through your back teeth. It is worth it when you get there. Trust Me.

ttfn

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just another copied bit of text from a posting on another website "P&O Dover-Calais now accept Tesco Vouchers to pay for the crossing which is substantially cheaper than the chunnel. I only used

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dear Ian,

I dont want to get into a slanging match with Norfolk Mike but you can use Tesco Vouchers to pay for a Dover Calais. We have just got back.

Out on 15th March 1720hrs, back home on 18th April 1220hrs. Total cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts