cheap fags and booze!!!!

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Andrew,

Most weeks I drive past Dunkerque on my way home from work in Rotterdam, so I normally do the family food shopping in the Auchan Hypermarket just off the A16

Unlike Calais, the Dunkerque Auchan hypermarket stocks regional food and produce (Nord) - so you will see Flanders beer on offer and a great selection of locally produced foods.

Wine - the Auchan own-label varietal wines (Merlot, Cab. Sav., Sav. Blanc, Chardonnay, etc) are outstandingly good for Euro 2 - produced in France using New World wine making skills these are very much to UK / Dutch tastes. The bottles have a plain white label with a large image of a vine leaf, the wine variety and the Auchan own-label cardboard neck decorations.

Auchan Hypermarket - about 400 metres from junction 25 off the A16 - direction Grande Synthe.

Watch out for the speed cameras on the A16.

Robert

G

Most smokers I know including French make the detour over the Belgium border to "Tobacco Alley" at Adinkirke.

Going north on the A16 take JNC1 turn left over top of motorway and then left at the roundabout anbd all the Tobacco shops are on the left upposite the canal. Loads of them in the little "HAMLET" . Excuse the smoker pun. I don't smoke but everyine I know that does shops there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts