Cheap 'n' Cheerful

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

I have just bought myself my first caravan, an old Lunar Clubman 460/4 off e-bay and so far so good! It is very well equiped and everthing on it seems to work as it should. The only extra expense so far has been a new battery, which I would almost have expected for any second hand caravan in this price bracket.

Only things that need attention at present is one window requires repair, the drain tap for the carver cascade water heater leaks and needs to be replaced, and the carpet needs replacing as it is somewhat dirty.

I may well replace the carpet with linoleum since its principle use is as accomodation at steam rallies, and knowing me it would only take a week before a new carpet is just as bad as the old one!

It tows great, the only real suprise is how much aerodynamic drag it seems to have, I tow it with an old Range Rover which I figured would sheild the caravan a bit more and therefore the increase in drag would be less compared to an ordinary car, yet I seem to find maintaining 60 mph takes more throttle than towing a trailer twice the caravans weight!

And yes I did check to see if the brakes were binding etc and everything was fine...

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Welcome Cheap 'n' Cheerful. Loads of knowledgeable brains to pick on here if you get stuck with anything they've already helped us tremendously - we're new too!

Regards

Claire & Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts