cheap porch awnings

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid you get what you pay for. In general cheap ones are cheap because they are made down to a price. As we come into winter and sales drop off though you might be able to pick up a more expensive one at a dealers sale.
Not sure there are any to fit the bill, I would suggest if you are buying one see it erected and check out the quality of the poles and materials and compare them with the more expensive ones and try to judge if it will last..

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
We bought a cheap 390 porch awing at the beginning of last year. Got it from Riversway Leisure before they died/came back to life for £145. Had to replace it after it literally fell to bits in August of this year whilst threading it though the awning channel. The material had become extremely thin, probably through UV degradation & although

I was using the beading fabric to pull it through, the weight of the awing caused it to tear.
Before the catastrophic failure, I had repaired the stitching in about 4 different places & both end windows had cracked & were held together with masking tape. All in all, I think we got just over 100 nights usage out of it.

I replaced it with a Kampa Rally Pro 390 (not the air version) - just no comparison in quality.

Jim

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
craigmason71 said:
Hi everybody i have £150 to spend on a new porch awning are there any good ones for my price range???
depends on what you are looking for seen a kampa 260 in a local camping supplies for £110 looks good and sturdy [same material as the others in the range] or the igloo type made by suncamp for £99, I see JimD1 had problems with cheap awnings but we bought a porchlite plus [similar to the suncamp] for £66 in a sale used it 6years without a problem. last week it went on Ebay for £50 as we now dont have a van, £15 for 6 years use now thats cheap.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I would certainly have a look down the Ebay route, and consider a higher quality but used one. Although our awning is Isabella, we picked up a very nice Dorema porch off Fleabay last month, genuinely used once for £170, and it is much higher quality than the new £150 offerings.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
We got an excellent small porch awning from ebay in May, which we tested at Stowfalot. It was £50, picked it up in Cheddar the night before we left. Think its a Suncamp 220, so quite small but very useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts