Checklist / Caravan handover for 1st timers

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I pick my first caravan up in 11 days time, the dealer tells me they have someone who is dedicated to doing handovers and will go through everything with me.

My first fear is that how do I know if he's missed something if I don't have a clue!? Also, I'm not sure how long they allow for the handover. If you're a newbie do they allow you more time?

How have others found handovers in a similar postion?

I'm going to get together a list of topics for what I think I need to know e.g waste water, clean water, electrics, hook-ups, hithing up...

This must come up often, but is there a newbie checklist that someone has kindly written down? At least then, I can tick stuff off as it's covered and see if there's anything left over when my hour is up!

Just trying to be organised (the wife should be proud) - I suppose anything I miss I will learn as we go on. It does seem a lot to take in though, very daunting!!

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but none of the others seemed to quite fit.

Cheers,

Gary

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gary

We got our first caravan two weeks ago. It took two hours to do the handover and the dealer went through absolutely everything with us. They also told us that if we weren't sure about anything we could go back before our first trip and they would go over everything again.

It is a lot to take in so take your wife with you so she can hear everything as well.

It must have worked for us as our first trip went without a hitch (pardon the pun).

I'm sure you'll manage and good luck.

Margaret

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gary H.

The best checklist I have seen is on the Calor Gas site.Go to the link below and print off the List. good luck. JTS.

]http://www.caravanning-online.co.uk/caravan_dealers/caravan-delivery-checklist.htm
http://www.caravanning-online.co.uk/caravan_dealers/caravan-delivery-checklist.htm[/quote
Hi there try this website did me no wrong when i bought my caravan which was only 3 years old and had some serious faults

www.caravanbuyersguide.co.uk/index.html

give it a try and good luck :)

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi there try this website did me no wrong when i bought my caravan which was only 3 years old and had some serious faults

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gary

We got our first caravan two weeks ago. It took two hours to do the handover and the dealer went through absolutely everything with us. They also told us that if we weren't sure about anything we could go back before our first trip and they would go over everything again.

It is a lot to take in so take your wife with you so she can hear everything as well.

It must have worked for us as our first trip went without a hitch (pardon the pun).

I'm sure you'll manage and good luck.

Margaret
Mmm, taking the wife might be tricky as we've got a toddler and 21 week old! It's a good idea though, I might try and get someone to babysite the toddler. Two heads must be better than one! Thanks for the advice, this makes me feel a little easier now Margaret.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Gary

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi JTS,

Many thanks for this, I've just had a look and it's great, just what I needed.

Thanks for taking the time to help us newbies...

Cheers,

Gary

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site

Hi Peeter,

Wow, this site is brill, very comprehensive. I'm hoping I don't need all the tips as mine was bought from a good dealer, still, better to prepared hey?

Many thanks for the link, I'm about to go through all of it now. Only 11 more days to go...

Cheers,

Gary

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts