Cheddar Bridge Adults only or Minnows Touring Park which do y...

May 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi all we are looking to go to either Cheddar Bridge adults only or Minnows touring park. Which is best and why please? We fancy going to the Grand Western Canal which I understand is right next to Minnows. Is it pretty? But Cheddar Bridge looks nice too? Its difficult sometimes to make sure you are making the right choice especially if you are going with someone else as well! Any other campsites that are good in the area? We are looking for immaculately clean campsite with good showers, peace and quiet with things to do in the area. Appreciate any ideas thanks Mandy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we went to minnows in september for 5 nights booked last min as we where on a site that was water logged wardens where very helpfull the site is on the canal you go through a gate on site its good for walking you can walk to a pub cant comment on that as we did not get that far but it is a good spot right of thee m5 traffic noise did not bother us and we are light sleepers a realy nice site

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
I live about 10 minutes from the Grand Western canal, its very pretty and you can walk for miles either in the Direction of Tiverton or towards Somerset/Wellington. Minnows is next to a dual carriageway but is well hidden from the road (you cant see it from the road). There are 2 pubs close by in Sampford Peverell, a farm shop in Sampford Peverell & also a golf driving range. Close by in Tiverton you can take canal boat trips, or even hire your own boat. Plenty to do in the area, lovely countryside to explore but you would probably need to drive to many attractions.

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Go to Cheddar Bridge without a doubt. Since the current owners, Tracey & David, took over and renovated the Park my wife and I hold it up as a benchmark in campsites. We now run a campsite in North West Scotland and their site is what we aspire to achieve here. The facilities are nothing short of excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts