Jun 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi there. I'm catching the 12 30 ferry from Poole on saturday, arriving Cherbourg at 6.pm. Has anyone any idea's where I can stay the night as it will be probably nearer 7pm before I leave the port which doesn't give me very much time to get to a campsite. Is there a carpark for people waiting for the ferry that you can stay the night. Any help welcomed. Nigel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am doing the same journey on Tues 4th Sept. I have contacted the following site - Camp Municipal Le Haute Dick, 30 Chemin du Grand-Bas Pays, 50500 Carentan. Tel: 02 33 42 16 89. Carentan is approx 30 miles from Cherbourg just off the N13. According to an e-mail I received from the site - "we are open from 09.00 in the morning to 9.00 in the evening. See you on the 4 september, Msr Quemar" This will be my first night's stop. Hope this helps.

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nigel did that crossing twice arond 2003/4 and stayed on the port. There was plenty of space and quite a few vans parked as well so it felt safe if not a little noisy with passing traffic. Hope this is of some use to you and enjoy your hols

Jun 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nigel did that crossing twice arond 2003/4 and stayed on the port. There was plenty of space and quite a few vans parked as well so it felt safe if not a little noisy with passing traffic. Hope this is of some use to you and enjoy your hols
Thanks guys for your advise. I will try and enjoy my holiday. Nigel

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I am doing the same journey on Tues 4th Sept. I have contacted the following site - Camp Municipal Le Haute Dick, 30 Chemin du Grand-Bas Pays, 50500 Carentan. Tel: 02 33 42 16 89. Carentan is approx 30 miles from Cherbourg just off the N13. According to an e-mail I received from the site - "we are open from 09.00 in the morning to 9.00 in the evening. See you on the 4 september, Msr Quemar" This will be my first night's stop. Hope this helps.
I have used the Municipal at Carentan several times and can recommend it for a few days if you want to visit the D Day landing beaches. The Warden was friendly and helpful however I would say it is at least an hour from the port and not the easiest site in the world to find particularly in the dark, it is at the back of the town and there are some very narrow streets. In spite of what I have said about the site I think you might be better on the docks, first left coming out of the docks by a filling station and double back.

Regards

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts