Chichester Caravans and dealer discounts

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am considering purchasing a new Bailey caravan from the Uckfield branch of Chichester Caravans (http://www.chichester-caravans.co.uk/) and have a couple of questions 1) Has anyone had any experience of this dealer particularly when making new purchases and for warranty claims? 2) At list price, I am spending £10450 on the caravan, £745 on the awning and about £450 on miscellaneous bits and pieces (bottles, wheel clamps etc). The total comes to about £11600 - what sort of discount have people been able to get on this sort of spend? Regards Louis

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you're paying cash, ie not a credit card or finance agreement I would have thought that you should be able to get them to throw in your 450 quidsworth of extras.

All the dealers will spin you a hard luck story and the trouble is they know they are sitting on top of a boom industry where demand is outstripping the ability to supply. The only other thing to do is shop around. I did last year when I was buying a new 'van and between two dealers not 50 miles apart I got an extra

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Bailey are more or less sold out of 2005 vans I would be surprised if you got much of a discount on the van at all.I was given a 10% off voucher to spend in the accessory shop

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Louis, whilst not wanting to get into discussing discounts, I can vouch for good service from Chichester Caravans in Nutbourne near Chichester when I bought my new Bailey there one year ago, just been back for service and couple of warranty jobs, all done perfectly, highly recommended, Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bailey have been selling out of most of their ranges every year since the mid-90's so dealers don't normally need to discount. Negotiate hard but don't expect charity!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Louis

I have bought a number of caravans form Chichester Caravans, but not from the Uckfield Branch. My most recent purchase was 18 months ago when I bought a new Lunar Clubman. I did get a "deal" on the sale but suggest that you encourage the sales staff to give you their "best price". It would be unfair to tell you what I arranged and raise your expectations, or otherwise. I have never had any problems with Chichester Caravans as a company over the past 20 odd years regarding warranties, after sales service etc. Good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we bought our van from Chichester caravans at Redhill and found the service excellent. We agreed an exchange price on based on p/ex of our old van which we were very pleased with and found the after sales service to first class. Since collecting the van we have had no problems. Would defiantly go back to them when we are ready to change the current van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Louis.

yes indeed I have I bought new from them in 2002, with no problems with van or service form dealer, I deal with the Birmingham branch. excelent. If you are looking to get a good dicount from them go to the show next week it's where I got my deal.then try out the Camping club get you started towing at the show.

Apr 19, 2005
Visit site
I have not had very good service from Chicherster caravans, Uckfield. We purchased a new caravan in June 2004 and the usual problems were there, ie: no tap in the bathroom, shower curtain missing, kithen Blind missing. We arranged collection in three weeks time giving them time to get the parts etc. On the Thursday before Saturday collection they said the parts hadn`t arrived so we left it another week.On collection they showed us around the caravan. On holiday a week later we had no water in the bathroom, they had cross threaded the taps and water was pouring into the cupboard underneath. The spare wheel was also missing along with the wheel brace. When we got home I rang to complain and they just laughed, I suppose I should have been wary because when we were collecting the caravan , I herad them laughing because they had forgot to order a couples awning who were also collecting their van and the salesman said to the other "blame it on the Awning supplier"

And to cap it all off my Lunar has got water ingress on the rear corner, and it`s a year Old !!!!!

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Louis, we have purchased 2 caravans from Chichester caravans at Southbourne and bear out previous comments about service and warrantee work, they do get things sorted quite quickly and are honest and when not too busy they are helpful.

You should be able to begotiate some sort of package for the vam, awning etc with them.

The only warning I will give is that if you are unlucky and get a bad van they will get the work done on it but you will never be able to claim out of pocket expenses towing the van to and from their premises etc and you will never be able to speak to their managing director if things went badly wrong.

One final comment and it refers to Mike and his leaking Lunar, when oh when is Lunar going to get their act together, Chichester have just had to fit a replacement shower unit in my clubman and it 2 years old, must say though that Chichester have been very efficient in dealing with it ie 3 weeks from time of reporting complaint and I do not think other dealers would beat that.

Good luck in your new van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your comments. I did end up ordering a Bailey Ranger 550/6 with awning and tons of accessories (it's my first van) and I'm due to pick it up mid May (ordered mid Feb!!).

I ordered through the Nutbourne branch of Chichester caravans (rather than the Uckfield one which is closer) as I found Nutbourne more responsive, customer focused and they offered the best deal. It's not that Uckfield were bad, it's just that Nutbourne were better

The only problem now is that I just can't wait until it arrives - the kids and the wife are driving me nuts!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your comments. I did end up ordering a Bailey Ranger 550/6 with awning and tons of accessories (it's my first van) and I'm due to pick it up mid May (ordered mid Feb!!).

I ordered through the Nutbourne branch of Chichester caravans (rather than the Uckfield one which is closer) as I found Nutbourne more responsive, customer focused and they offered the best deal. It's not that Uckfield were bad, it's just that Nutbourne were better

The only problem now is that I just can't wait until it arrives - the kids and the wife are driving me nuts!!!!!!
May will soon be here and so far April has been grim ,however i think you have made a good choice in Bailey.As you can see from your correspondence Lunar have a reputation for leaking which is about the worst thing a caravan can suffer from , which is a shame because they produce some nice layouts .Ihave no knowedge of Chichester caravans [ wrong end of the country ]but my dealings with Lunar were not good .Ihope your van is delivered to you on time and your first outing is is sunny good luck Coljac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts