Chievely Services, any good for caravans?

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if Chievely Services is 'caravan friendly' please? Also does anyone know the website for caravan friendly services? Im sure there is one but cant find it anywhere. Many thanks, Lesley

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
That's one of our regular stop-offs, both solo and towing. Just park in the HGV bays and there's plenty of room - it's a bit tight to get into the main carpark.

Dale

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
5 caravans (one appears to be towing a car behind the caravan too :) ) and only 3 HGV's when the picture was taken (plus one van or motorhome). Must have been a bank holiday or something. :)

]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.449332,-1.309385&spn=0.000766,0.001813&t=h&z=19
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en....309385&spn=0.000766,0.001813&t=h&z=19[/quote
Hi

i am going that way in a couple of weeks and intended to park in the coach bays in the absence of any other directions. any comments pls?

Thanks

Howard

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
5 caravans (one appears to be towing a car behind the caravan too :) ) and only 3 HGV's when the picture was taken (plus one van or motorhome). Must have been a bank holiday or something. :)

]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.449332,-1.309385&spn=0.000766,0.001813&t=h&z=19
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en....309385&spn=0.000766,0.001813&t=h&z=19[/quote
Many thanks to all. We are hoping to be able to stop long enough to have a meal (in the 'van) before proceeding to Portsmouth. Sounds like we will ba able to do this there.

Thanks again, Lesley

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Sorry should have posted Reply!

Hi

i am going that way in a couple of weeks and intended to park in the coach bays in the absence of any other directions. any comments pls?

Thanks

Howard

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry for delay in replying,

Only problem with parking in HGV bays is you could get into trouble. We dont leave the caravan alone, we do the loo trips in relay so someone is with the outfit all the time and can move if asked. As long as you remember that, you should be ok. We are going to give it a try and hope we can find somewhere to park.

Good luck,

Lesley

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
Why would you get into the trouble ? there is no offical place to park caravans like on some service stations.

I went to cherwell valley services a month ago and the staff had parked in the caravan bay so I HAD to park in the HGV area. I don't know who I was supposed to complian to as I probabaly would have ended up speaking to a member of staff who had parked there themselves !

If I was feeling nasty I could have gone in the car section and taken up 8 spaces, I may have not got out alive though !!!

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Why would you get into the trouble ? there is no offical place to park caravans like on some service stations.

I went to cherwell valley services a month ago and the staff had parked in the caravan bay so I HAD to park in the HGV area. I don't know who I was supposed to complian to as I probabaly would have ended up speaking to a member of staff who had parked there themselves !

If I was feeling nasty I could have gone in the car section and taken up 8 spaces, I may have not got out alive though !!!
Ha Ha, worth a try eh?

I have read or heard that some service areas are fining caravan owners for parking in the HGV bays as the HGV drivers need to take their breaks. But so far no-one has fined lorry drivers for parking in caravan bays, dont we need a break after towing for 4 - 5 hours?

Its a funny world isnt it?

Happy caravanning,

Lesley

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
there will fine people through the post if they get assie but they wont normally bother with you,

the only problem with the hgv parking section is the smell so make sure you wonder around for the unsmelly section or it will get right up your nose.

reguards mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts