Chiminea

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Pat and Reg are thinking about getting one of them Chiminea for the garden, they will use it as a heater and sit on the garden swing in the summer evenings, may try some sausages on it.
Now the problem is Pat wonts a clay one and Reg wonts a metal one, can anyone say what is the different besides looks.
From the dog Harley.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Harley, we think the biggest difference will become very clear when they drop it cos its too hot! The clay one will smash but quietly and the metal one will go with a bang!!! In either case we suggest you stay in the house and be safe.Our best advice is just wait and see what your mom comes home with.That is what happens here.Mother knows best and all that.
Maddie n Ruby (The Bears)

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have one of each, the clay one came first and after maybe a couple of years it had cracked, I'm told the cracks can be repaired using isopon car body filler but it now sits there as a piece of furniture to look nice but never again will it see a flame, it also doesn't come with any bits and pieces to enable you to cook on it, for all that it was/is a lovely thing, it now gets a lick of stone paint and that's it, then a couple of years ago I bought a metal one, both are much the same size, on the stand they are probably around 5 ft tall, the newer metal one is also a lovely thing to look at but so much more practical to use, burn whatever you like without any problems of cracking and it comes with a shelf you can pop in if you want to cookb few sausages and saves getting the barbie out, if I could only have ever had the one I would without a doubt (with the benefit of hindsight) have the metal one, one last thing with the clay model, to use it properly when you first buy it you are supposed to start off with smallish fires burning in it and gradually build up to bigger fires over a period, with the metal it's just throw in a bag of logs and away you go, great on a chilly summers evening when you want to stay in the garden till the small hours as the heat output is ace. Beehpee

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Harley, my alpha dog has got a clay one. It didn't crack in the winter and does give out a good bit of heat. Never seen a single sausage cooked on it though: The beta dog has got some contraption for that. He does drop sausages because he forgets that they roll.
mel's dog cleo

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We've got the clay one and have had it for about 10 years. You have to put a couple of inches of sand in the bottom before using it. Saying that I've never used to cook as much as a sausage. All I use it for is burning garden rubbish which it's good at.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Well they have gone and done it, a metal one, both have spent the afternoon putting it together, now dad has set fire to it, smoke everyware.
I hope there not going to take it on holidays with us.
Harley

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Harley, hope your old man knows what he's doing but the main thing is has he put any sausages on for you??????????
Love Buddy
STOWFORD001.jpg

PS, I havent got that bed any more, daddy was at work and mummy went shopping for an hour and did'nt take me with her so I chewded it up, it was fun I really enjoyed myself, fluff everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts