christmas in the van

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site
I am new to caravanning and was wondering if there are many sites offering a christmas package ie dinner drinks and generally a good time?

Hi Nick2

The CC site in Brixham Devon does an inclusive package, the sites called Hillhead Holiday park, also, if you are a member of the CC then check out your local area section for rallies, they sometimes organise xmas and new year rallies with food included but you have to book early. If you are a member of the CC you need to register your interest with the area that deals with your rallies, they will send you a rally programme and sometimes you can book them online if they have their own website. We use our van all year round and theres lots of sites open all year, but most dont offer that type of package.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
What do you mean by "early" to book into an Xmas/New Year meet with the Caravan Club Cheryl? The places for next year are given out to those attending the doo this year on the night, therefore its a closed shop from year to year!! Sorry if I sound cynical but you've got as much chance of attending a decent meet over Christmas/New Year with the CC as......well I won't say it but you know what I mean. You have to have attended so many meets through the year - you can't get on those either, the stewards make sure theirs and their mates snouts are in the trough before any newbies get the chance to infiltrate.... places given in order of the envelopes dropping through the letterbox - they think everyone is totally devoid of all intelligence. We requested a meets book three times this year - nothing. They then had the audacity to send us a letter saying "we notice you haven't renewed your membership to our section - we hope this is an oversight"...

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I disagree with Valerie completely in her comments about centre rallies. Christmas and New Year rallies are generally overbooked but are certainly open to all who rally. We rally with a centre and when we started 3 years ago were made very welcome. We went bank holidays and a few other weekends. We were able to book both festive rallies. This year we are doing new year. 5 nights entertainment, 5 dinners and five breakfasts. Cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts