Christmas/New Year at Chatsworth

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
To Caravanners and Motorhomers who were at the above site, as promised i have complained to the Caravan Club, via telephone, in writing, and with photographs.The complaints are being taken seriously.

Hamer

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hamer l live about 25 miles from Chatsworth we are due their first full weekend of March, is it somthing we should be worried about, only ever heard good reports of Chatsworth.

NigelH

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
NGH,

By March the Caravan Club should have resolved all the issues. As i have said to Ron it would be unfair and wrong to the Caravan Club to go into details at this time.

Hamer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Almost like a forum within a forum !. If the subject matter is private why not take individuals email addresses and deal with it that way and not put the "mistrey" on a public forum.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
David,

The Caravan club have been in touch in the past week, and after a lengthy telephone call, i have been assured that moves are already being made to sort out all the complaints.

Hamer.

May 10, 2006
Visit site
Hamer

I was there, with my family, over the Christmas period. I would be interested to know what the issues were that you complained about? It was difficult period with regard to the conditions etc, but I do hope your complaints are not about the wardens, who I found to be extremely helpful and friendly.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hammer have the issues been sorted by the CC, asking the question as we are booked in first weekend of March and really looking forward to it as their have been rave revues of Chatsworth site.

NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Without knowing the nature of the problems experienced its difficult to comment but I assume they were linked to the Christmas/New Year period rather than generally. We have stayed at Chatsworth several times and really enjoyed it. There are some superb walks from the site and of course the 'Big House'.

David

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
David we live only 20 miles from Chatsworth and go their quite a lot with the dogs but never stayed their, we have always assumed it was very well run and everyone that we spoken to have said the same. I can't quite understand why their is issues so secretative, surely has a CC members which we are we should report any problems and if they were so serious even more so.

Hammer l respect you views not to publish the problems but you do realise that those that have dates booked in the next weeks or so may need reassuring the issues have been sorted and what those issues were for future reference.

NigelH

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Nigel

I think you must respect Hamer's confidentiality.

However there is nothing , as a member , stopping you from writing to the CC asking if all the xmas /new year "issues" have been permanently resolved. After all as a member all you want is their assurance everything is ok.

I cannot see how in a million years the CC will be able to tell you anything other than the truth. You afterall pay their salaries like the rest of the members!!

Please tell us what they say.

Cheers

Dustydog

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Nigel

I think you must respect Hamer's confidentiality.

However there is nothing , as a member , stopping you from writing to the CC asking if all the xmas /new year "issues" have been permanently resolved. After all as a member all you want is their assurance everything is ok.

I cannot see how in a million years the CC will be able to tell you anything other than the truth. You afterall pay their salaries like the rest of the members!!

Please tell us what they say.

Cheers

Dustydog
Dusty Dog l will give the CC a ring sometime this week to see if the issues have been addressed.

NigelH

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
I have no intention of making any further posting regarding Chatsworth Caravan Club Site at Christmas 2009/New Year 2010, however I am prepared to share the following for the benefit of those who have never been to the area or site.

I have stayed at Chatsworth C.C. site many times over the years since it opened.

The site and Chatsworth itself are well worth a visit.

Chatsworth House,garden,farmyard,gift shops,restaurant are closed until Sunday 14th March.

Chatsworth Park, the farm shop and it's restaurant are open all year round.

Too many visits to the farm shop can seriously increase your waist line!

The garden centre is well worth a visit.

The Devonshire Arms in Baslow is a dog friendly pub. However it was due to close in January for 6 to 8 weeks for refurbishment.

The Italian restaurant in Baslow gets good comments, although we have not been.

The Monday market in Bakewell is worth a visit.

A genuine Bakewell Pudding from the Bakewell Pudding shop is a must.

There are several herds of Deer in the park and you can get really close, a wonderfull site, especially when you see them cross the river.

Dogs must be kept on a lead in the park due to the animals.

You can get into the Park through a door in the wall at the rear of the site, it is then only a 400yards approx walk to the house.

When you book into the site you will be given a Yale key to the door.Don't forget the key as it is a long walk round!!

Hamer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hamer

It is of course entirely up to you what you are willing to share with us on this subject. However I think making your original post, in the manner it was made quite naturally starts people asking questions. Why so secretive? If you now feel that making your original post was a mistake why not ask Admin to close and remove it especially as you don't seem to have reached your target audience as no one who was also there seems to have replied.

David

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just got back from Chatsworth CC had a great time Wardens very friendly apart from one maybe had a bad hair day?

Great site lovely pitches, if we go next time will do with out the super pitch, due to being tight on space only just got the shogun between the hedge and the van, standard pitches at the far end seemed the best for space.

One thing with the weather being at minus 5 did not get the value out of the service pitch has the water tap was frozen for most of the morning and yes did try to unfreeze it with the kettle to no avail, so lost out their for a couple of days.

The Chatsworth farm shop was doing a roaring trade don't quite no how has t sirloin steak was

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts