Christmas Trip

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi All
Well we are off to Yorkshire on Christmas Eve for 5 nights in the caravan with 2 sets of friends in theirs. First time winter caravanning and really looking forward to it. I've bought an insulated jacket for the water barrell, checked all the pipes are ok and think we are set. The wife has bought a tree for the awning and a set of lights to go round the awning. Have checked the oven will take the 12lb Turkey, other couples bringing the veg and second joint so should be all set for a nice meal on Christmas Day. Looking forward to walkin the dog on Scarborough beach on Boxing Day too. Any one got any usefull tips for winter caravanning wil be greatly welcomed.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Ian, put the heater on................
smiley-smile.gif

Chris

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy yourselves Ian, I wish we could get the time off to go away. Our kids are up and away now so we just have the grandkids to see to. For a tip I would say keep a couple of two litre milk bottles, the plastic ones, to have some water in the caravan just incase the water bottle outside does freeze. Plenty of gas also, you never know if its going to be really cold. I know the wind gets chilli on the east cost when it decides to come in. And the best tip of all..........let the better half cuddle in on a night. LOL. enjoy.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Don't forget the gas oven cooks a lot differently to a turbo electric fan oven. The temperature is cool low down and hot high up. Take your time cooking this bird and consider inverting it from time to time to ensure an even distribution of heat.
Also make sure you have full gas bottles!
smiley-smile.gif

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I've got to confess that I just wouldn't do it but then I woudn't climb everest either. But for those of you that enjoy it I say all the best and I hope you have an enjoyable time........

Me I shall be seeing the grand children (good) eating food cooked by someone else (still good) and sleeping on a put-u-up settee (definitely not good).

Hope it all goes well for you!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts