Chronological order - latest posts first when signed in

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just to make sure your aware. I am NOT complaining. Just observing that on other forums the watched, or subscribed too posts are alerted or notified to the user extremely reliably. And this makes navigating a doddle.

But as I said earlier, it is what it is…I will not be loosing any sleep, I hope you don’t either.

(Not sure of the best words so used alternatives). 😏

John
Don't worry, everybody has the right to complain about something or other, it's almost a national pastime!
I'm only sorry that my limited knowledge of software systems, and of other internet forums, means that I'm unable to formulate an adequate response to valid questions being asked.

Reactions: Jcloughie

SHaines

Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Visit site
Hi, when I'm signed in I prefer to see the very latest post on a thread at the top of the page. Is there a preferences setting for this cos I've searched and just cannot find one ?!

Hey there,

I did some digging through various settings to see if there are options for you, but that isn't one of the settings folks can personalize.

We can keep an eye out for options down the road, if they become available, but we should assume that won't be in the immediate future.

Everyone in here should please feel encouraged to post new suggestions or requests whenever you spot something you think would benefit the community. While we can't always accommodate, we're always willing to look into ways of improving your experience.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

I did some digging through various settings to see if there are options for you, but that isn't one of the settings folks can personalize.

We can keep an eye out for options down the road, if they become available, but we should assume that won't be in the immediate future.

Everyone in here should please feel encouraged to post new suggestions or requests whenever you spot something you think would benefit the community. While we can't always accommodate, we're always willing to look into ways of improving your experience.
Hi Steven Thanks for the update on this matter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This might be too late, but on the forums opening page, if you scroll down on the righthand side you find two lists. First are trending threads, but that is followed by a list of latest posts.

Alternatively depending on whether you have previously selected it with the 3 bars by the Practical caravan logo, you can find a set of options, one of which is threads with your comments.

Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
Lots of suggestions about how to best navigate the PC forum and, because I started this thread, I say thanks. Maybe I will get used to the PC forum's way of doing things over time !!??
(I'd still like to see a thread I'm following appear with latest post first when I'm actually signed in though ;))

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
OMG I am such a dinosaur. I am no fan of IT but for a dog like me I have always found the Forum navigation easy. I do receive email alerts on all threads I am following. I tend to use the IPad rather than main frame so don’t use the mouse. I regularly click on New Posts to keep,up-to speed. I think I get the technical discussion here but in truth can’t appreciate what actual benefit I would gain. At my time of life I am not going to Evening Classes to find out😜😜😜

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
OMG I am such a dinosaur. I am no fan of IT but for a dog like me I have always found the Forum navigation easy. I do receive email alerts on all threads I am following. I tend to use the IPad rather than main frame so don’t use the mouse. I regularly click on New Posts to keep,up-to speed. I think I get the technical discussion here but in truth can’t appreciate what actual benefit I would gain. At my time of life I am not going to Evening Classes to find out😜😜😜
I didn't Knòw The Red Lion , done evening courses for people your age. 😪

• Haha
Reactions: Parksy
Jul 15, 2021
Visit site
(You know what - no matter how happy the PC community is with "latest post last", it really is a PITA despite the tips offered about how to manage forum navigation !)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I normal read the forum on a Samsung tablet using Android Chrome, When I open the forum, On the left It comes up with the forum list and underneath, Is "new posts" I click that and all the new posts come up in Chrono order.
No problem for me. Never tried it on windows though.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
(You know what - no matter how happy the PC community is with "latest post last", it really is a PITA despite the tips offered about how to manage forum navigation !)
Could you translate PITA please? I know WT ??? And etc but pita is a new one on me😜😜BTW I have no problem with the order of service. Have I missed something🤔🤔🤔

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Could you translate PITA please? I know WT ??? And etc but pita is a new one on me😜😜BTW I have no problem with the order of service. Have I missed something🤔🤔🤔
If I'd have wanted to live up to the abbreviated statement I'd have deleted the comment containing the abbreviation.
Practical Caravan forum have never allowed any form of industrial language to appear on the message boards.
This applies even to mild written imprecations and or oaths, even when they appear in abbreviated form.
Thin end of the wedge, when we allow our high standards to slip they only go one way, which is down.
The bottom line is that if you don't see a dubious phrase written anywhere in Practical Caravan Magazine it won't be allowed to stand here.
Please take heed of my warning because there won't be another one, I'll simply delete the offending comment without further explanation .
If one or two mouse clicks to access your comment are so difficult, perhaps this forum isn't for you?

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts