Chrysler pt cruiser

Aug 27, 2005
Visit site
actually seen one with a tow bar does this mean we can tow, love the look of the car, anyone towed with one, can't find any data on weights, can anyone help with any details or points one way or other, thanks.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Luvly looking motor and I considered one before I got a larger van but was put off by What Car data which says only 1000kg max tow. That is pitiful for a 2 litre car and restricts choice of van severely - I then had a Vermont at 1330 MPTLM so it was a definate no no!

The diesel is highly rated and should be an ideal lump for towing with the kerbweight higher than average but you just can't ignore that max tow figure!

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
I believe that the low towing limit issue with the Chrysler PT Cruiser was caused by it being built on the floor-pan of the small / mid sized Chrysler Neon saloon car.

The Neon was designed as a car for the "first time owner" in the USA - under $10k for a 2 litre automatic - and things like towing limits weren't an issue with the target buyer.

Robert

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
the pt cruiser does indeed have a 1000 kg max tow limit so its pretty useless as a tow car. unfortunately its not the only chrysler with a puny max tow limit, the voyager / grand voyager are restricted to 1600 kg which for such a large car is pathetic and meant i could not have one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts