Chrysler Voyager/ people carriers

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Currently have a mitishibishi pajero 2.8 TDi

but looking for a little more space and have looked at the chrysler voyager grand has anyone towed with one of these or any advice on them, or any other of the people carriers cheers Dave

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
I tow with aHyudai Trajet 2.0td and find it fine with the van i tow quite economical as well, it has loads of room for 5 and a couple of bikes and all associated gear as well. I think there worth a look

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too had a 2.8 paj and was thinking of buying a chrysler voyager but then opted for the Ford Galaxy 19TD

Our line of thinking was that after paying repair and servicing costs on the paj we might have the same problem with a voyager, whereas the Ford parts are easy to come by and there are plenty of Ford dealers around.

The Galaxy is brilliant to drive very economical. Overall very pleased with it

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
have a look at the Kia Sedona a huge car at value for money price
The kia sedona spacious, seat easy to take out, versatile 3 litre diesl engine, economical, tow weight 2000 kilos,

If only it had cruise control.

Previously owned Shogun, Ultimate tow car, Sedona a close second.

I have one go for it

roger

Apr 20, 2005
Visit site
hi tracy i tow with a voyager i do not think you can beat them

for comfort. make sure you buy the grand voyager not the short

wheel base one. Also look for the 3.3 or 2.5 diesel,the 2 litre

are under powered. MARK

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I thought the 2.5 diesel was a 2.9, mercedes engine????

My mates got a grand voyager, been off the road 4 months in Chrysler Liverpool waiting for a gasket and cam tensioner pulley from Chrysler.

FAr too long to wait for any part. And he's not alone, theres others on the forums had the same wait for bits.

Otherwise an excellent towcar, if not a tad expensive.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have to agree with Lenny, I fell in love with the Chrysler's but there were too many againsts of which one Lenny mentioned, they have loads of electrics(more to go wrong!)

I went for the kia as it had the same space and seating as the

chrysler,the sliding doors ( a godsend for kids and easier loading)and the same 2.9 deisel engine,it is a group

10 insurance I believe the voyager a 12,and alot easier to get parts,( I,m on my second) I think if I won the lottery I would have to get the new voyager with the stow and go,just to show off !!!!! My kia is a brill car though !!!!

Feb 6, 2005
Visit site
One thing about the voyager, the new ones have a kerbweight of over 2000kg but can only tow a trailer with a weight not exceding 1600kg or so measly or what

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
very good point ian, i looked at the voyager to tow our laser but the very low max tow weight of 1600 kgs is far too low. the zafira can tow more than a voyager (legally). such a shame as we wanted one. after many weeks of test drives and searching we tried to order a espace 2.2 dci but renault needed twelve weeks to deliver so we bought our galaxy 1.9 tdi 130 bhp zetec and saved a fortune by buying "nearly new", its kerbweight is 1720 kgs and it has a 2000 kg max tow, it gives round about 55 miles to the gallon solo and about 35-40 towing if driven carefully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts