Citroen C5

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
We're planning to consolidate our transport this year. As we will be down to one vehicle, it needs to be able to do everything: move furniture, go to the tip etc. etc. as well as tow our 1000kg caravan. Having considered a range of estate vehicles and also some 4x4s, we should be able to buy a new or nearly new C5 estate (2.0 HDi 138bhp). Family members have a C5 estate, although they don't tow with it and we have had Citroens in the past and are fans. (You generally either love then or loathe them). Can anyone give us their impressions of this as a tow car - or indeed, as a main (only) vehicle?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Jo, I drive a C5 2.2 136hp. It tows my 1300kg Coachman like a dream!, BUT as a solo vehicle I feel that its a bit of a barge!.

It does not drive a nicely as my previous Cits - From BX, ZX, and Xantia. Id go the Picasso route, but its a wee bit light for my van....might even have to consider a non Citroen!!!!

Good driving,

JimF

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Jo, I drive a C5 2.2 136hp. It tows my 1300kg Coachman like a dream!, BUT as a solo vehicle I feel that its a bit of a barge!.

It does not drive a nicely as my previous Cits - From BX, ZX, and Xantia. Id go the Picasso route, but its a wee bit light for my van....might even have to consider a non Citroen!!!!

Good driving,

JimF
To add to the above - normal overall fuel consumption is in the low 30s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts