Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0hdi, how well do they tow??

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

After many discussions about changing towcars we have now made up our mind on a Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 hdi. Our van is about 1050kg empty and around 1300kg fully laden.

Does anyone have one of these cars and if so how well do they tow ? We find our current car (vauxhall zafira 2.0dti) very sluggish especially when reversing the van up a small hill to get it into our drive. Are the picasso's the same ?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ian

Apr 14, 2006
Visit site
For the past 2 years I towed an Avondale Dart 510/5 with a Citreon Pic 2.0 HDi, 90bhp version.

Great car for towing, nice n' stable. The only down side is, as ours is the 90bhp, it does run out of puff on long hills. But that's being picky. I'd buy another, but would go for the 110bhp verion.

Hope this helps.

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Thanks for the replies, picked the car up last Wednesday and have done one tow so far to the dealers and found it towed brilliantly. There is one nasty roundabout which always used to be of concern because you needed a lot of power to pull off but the picasso pulled of extremely well.

The Picasso performed much better than our other car (2.0 tdi zafira).

And as you mentioned Brian we found no stability problems even with cross winds.

Hope to do a proper 2 hour tow once we get the van back from warranty work.

Thanks all again

Ian

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
I tow with a 2004 Picasso 2.0 Hdi and although its not the heaviest and most powerful of cars, It pulls our Bailey ranger 470/4 (1172kg) without too much strain.

Sure I would love to exchange it for a larger heavier 4x4, but when I work out fuel consumtion and the solo miles I do throughout the year I would say the Picasso is a fine all round tug (provided you stay within the weight ratios).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts