CL close ish to Skipton ??

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi

We are looking for a CL near to Skipton, we have not used a CL so far. Only been to a couple of CC sites, so not to familiar with CLs. We do have a shower etc in the van so that's not a problem.

I was looking at the CC sites but they don't open until March.

Thanks

Val & Frank

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Frank, have a look on the 5van website, there's one just outside Skipton with EHU. Looks OK in the photo's.

Can I advise you to check the access with owners of CS and CL, with a big T/A it's not always that easy to turn into a farm gate off a country lane - been there done it!!! LOL

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Wendy,

Just looked up the 5 van site and found what we are looking for we think !!!

a CL called Hurries House Farm. Good point about the access will ring and check that access is ok for our outfit.

Val & Frank

Dec 31, 2006
Visit site
Hi Frank...

We are pretty much doing the same as you, and checking out the odd CL site here and there looking for something close by, we are just over the border in Lancashire though, We found a nice one called Bryning Caravan Site a CL in Lytham, it was so peaceful. and we are visiting North View in Garstang at Easter which seeme to be quite popular.. But yes, some of those farm gates... Erk!!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I think if we have a difficult access, it will be a case of un hitch connect the mover, and put the van through the gate. Clarkson would have a field day LOL !!!!!

We are coming down from Aberdeenshire for a week or so, tracing relatives who hail from near Skipton. Who it would appear have an awful lot of Lancastrian in them !!!!

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Frank...

We are pretty much doing the same as you, and checking out the odd CL site here and there looking for something close by, we are just over the border in Lancashire though, We found a nice one called Bryning Caravan Site a CL in Lytham, it was so peaceful. and we are visiting North View in Garstang at Easter which seeme to be quite popular.. But yes, some of those farm gates... Erk!!
Hi Claire and David,

I see you have stopped at Bryning Caravan Site. I have booked a weekend for the end of the month. Please can you advise on access for a T/A on this CL. Also I notice on their web site that each pitch has its own water (like a super pitch) what fittings do you require are they the standard Hozelock style?

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we were booked into Hurries Farm last Spring BH, but only stayed one night. It was over-booked, we were told where to set up, then 10 minutes later after steadies down, told to move up about 15 feet!

The main reason we left without any refund was you can't really walk anywhere from the site - the road is very narrow and twisting - this was important to us as we were faced with a drive to take the dogs for a walk. This may not be important to others, so you may be happy here.

We moved onto Hebden Bridge CC site, which is one of our favorites.

We like CLs, but now always look at Multimap to see if there are walks nearby.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've booked for Easter at Field House CL, Rathmell (page 444 CC handbook) near Settle. It looks nice from the pictures and not too expensive. Website address is http://www.layhead.com Is also on http://www.5-van.co.uk.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback,

We have decided to wait until March and book in to Wharfedale or Strid Wood CC sites. I wonder why one of them could not remain open all year round, to give people a choice of Yorkshire CC sites in the winter !!!

Val & Frank

Dec 31, 2006
Visit site
Hi Claire and David,

I see you have stopped at Bryning Caravan Site. I have booked a weekend for the end of the month. Please can you advise on access for a T/A on this CL. Also I notice on their web site that each pitch has its own water (like a super pitch) what fittings do you require are they the standard Hozelock style?

Andy
Our outfit is quite large in size as we have quite a long van its a Swift Challenger 5 birth but it is only a single axle, however we also tow it with a Toyota Hilux, which again is quite a long vehicle, and overhangs a standard parking space. We had no problems accessing their site. as you come off the main road to access their premises, there is a small lane that leads to the actual site, they seem to have allowed plenty of space for manouvering.

Each pitch does indeed have its own water and electic hookup and we used the standard connectors. It was a wonderful site (i think we were pretty much the first ones to book there after they opened as at the time they were still leveling the last pitch out!) We will definately go back at some point!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our outfit is quite large in size as we have quite a long van its a Swift Challenger 5 birth but it is only a single axle, however we also tow it with a Toyota Hilux, which again is quite a long vehicle, and overhangs a standard parking space. We had no problems accessing their site. as you come off the main road to access their premises, there is a small lane that leads to the actual site, they seem to have allowed plenty of space for manouvering.

Each pitch does indeed have its own water and electic hookup and we used the standard connectors. It was a wonderful site (i think we were pretty much the first ones to book there after they opened as at the time they were still leveling the last pitch out!) We will definately go back at some point!
Hi Claire & David,

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to our weekend away.

Cheers

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts