CL Site, Port Logan, South West Scotland

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone stayed at Muldaddie Fm House, Port Logan. If so please can you tell me about it as we are hoping to go there in June for a week. Thanks very much, Barney.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barney,

When we were stopping at the Club Site at Drummore, we went along to see this CL.

The field which was very neat and tidy sits high above the bay with wonderful views.OK when we were there in good weather BUT I should think it would be exposed to any gales which might whip in and take your awning away.

They had a little hut which housed toilet facilities.

The village itself ( more of a hamlet ) is a little gem if you like to get away from it all,with a lovely little harbour.

Hope this helps you Barney ( ?? younger or elder )

2,000 Acres of Sky was filmed here if you watched that series.

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
maureen, thanks very much for your feedback, can you remember if it had hardstandings? (as i don't want to get stuck again)and exactly how far was the site from the shore? it's ok about the weather as we don't put an awning up with it just being me the wife and 2 labradors. thanks, Barney (the younger) oh did you go to the fish pool and feed the fish at port logan, i did it when i was 8 yrs old, thats why i want to return?

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
as you pointed out to me last time about there being 2 Barney's, i have asked the moderator to change me to Barney (cumbria) as being 38 yrs old isn't realy young is it!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barney,

Honestly can't remember seeing hardstandings,but the Club book states part hard ,part sloping,and you are at the top of a hill.

The shore is only a couple of minutes walk for you,with all your fishing gear.Whilst we were there we watched a basking shark cruising around....that caused a bit of interest.

As I have a daughter the same age as you,YES,you are young!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Barney

Like Maureen we visited Port Logan when staying at New England Bay CC site last summer. Port Logan is a real gem just a few houses around a beautiful bay. We didn't visit the CL you mention although we could see it up on the hill overlooking the bay. The views must be stupendous. It would only take a couple of minutes to walk from the site to the bay. The harbour wall is very picturesque with a tiny old lighthouse at the seaward end. I imagine that as suggested previously the site could be a bit windy if the weather was that way inclined.

New England Bay is a lovely site too. There is, also, another CL, we passed, on the road down to the Mull of Galloway although that did not have such sea views. It is generally a lovely area with some beautiful, unspoilt country. The Mull of Galloway with its lighthouse and clifftop restaurant is, also, worth a visit. It's quite a long trek west to get to the area but we thought it worth it.

Regards

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts