CLEANED AND CHECKED VAN TODAY :-)

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Well since it was such a nice weekend weather wise i decided to collect the caravan from storage this weekend and give it a once over, to my astonishment every thing worked as it should and fired up without any issues, I was expecting something to either not work or play up but all good (y).

Gave it a good wash and checked tire pressures etc all spot on, to be fair the van wasn't really that dirty considering it has been in storage untouched since November.

Regarding washing the Caravan i use a good quality car wash and wax and found this to be very good but i do have a few hard to reach areas on the roof which seem more stubborn to come off using the long car washing brush, any recommendations for a product that might help move the stubborn marks on the roof?

Many Thanks.

;)

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
On the sides and rear/ front I’ve used Autoglym Aquawax. It’s not a polish but does give a nice water repellent surface. But mainly it’s Bobby Dazzler.

Sorry if I appeared to be "rubbishing" your post - I guess posts immediately following one another can be seen as "connected".

I was trying to bring a smile to forum members although - please never repeat this - I do use washing up liquid and can't remember the last time I polished a caravan.

Current one does have the "Diamondbrite" treatment prior to delivery although primarily to help stain proof upholstery.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if I appeared to be "rubbishing" your post - I guess posts immediately following one another can be seen as "connected".

I was trying to bring a smile to forum members although - please never repeat this - I do use washing up liquid and can't remember the last time I polished a caravan.

Current one does have the "Diamondbrite" treatment prior to delivery although primarily to help stain proof upholstery.
Never entered my mind. 👍

We all have our own ways re car and caravan husbandry.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
A good car shampoo for me, usually Autoglym, followed by Autoglym SRP and topped up twice a year at least with Carplan number1 topgloss-so easy to apply and really gives a great result-good on the cars too although I really like Bilt Hamber speed wax for them-would make my arm ache on the van as it's easy on but less so off!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have conversed with the guy who invented Fenwicks products, the caravan cleaner in particular.
I‘ve tried everything and confirm too, Fenwicks caravan cleaner does the job.
BTW if you are ever in The Swettenham Arms , Swettenham Village new Congleton ask after the Fenwicks man!

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Checked ours over last weekend. checked water pump, toilet and heating.
Mrs has given the inside a thorough spring clean and this coming weekend I will give it a wash and polish - fenwicks and autoglym srp.
Noticed at the end of last year that the wheel studs were shabby around the edges so just ordered 10 replacements.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I use Autoglym wash and wax for both van and motor, only polish the motor not the van.

Set me off now, I'll do my Van tomorrow, not bothered if it's raining or not.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve done half of the jobs that the original poster in as much as I went to give the caravan a real good check over, I’m leaving the cleaning side for now, checked today though all the nooks and crannies where mould could have been lurking, under the bed cupboards etc etc the list is endless and I can happily say I found nothing whatsoever that needed anything to be done, we are having our first trip out on 20th April so I’ll fetch it home before then to give it a quick wash down, I say a quick wash because in early May I’ve got tourershine coming to give it a top to bottom clean that will leave it looking probably better than it looked when it came out of the factory and for the next 12 months it will need nothing more than a hose down, it’s not cheap but in my opinion worth every penny, so I’m pleased with preparations so far and our first run is getting nearer, I know when it gets to the 12th I shall be green with envy hearing who’s on the road already, I hope everyone is getting ready to enjoy.

BP

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Also been getting van ready for the 14/04. Have mentioned before about state of our van after not using it since last October and gave it a wash over with Fenwicks winter wash. So got up to see roof of van and again amazed how good it looked, it was shiny all over apart from the rear corner which has a joining strip across the van and water had collected by it for about 20cm , easy brush off and top really did not have t be polished but I did anyway. One thing I found was the fire front which one fin had broke away from the side . My neighbour "tacked it , took about 5m job done and back on the fire .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Autoglym wash and wax for both van and motor, only polish the motor not the van.

Set me off now, I'll do my Van tomorrow, not bothered if it's raining or not.
Good luck with your endeavours, hoping the weather holds out so that all your hard work is justified.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Managed to get the steps out yesterday and with a long handled wash brush clean off the roof and then all round the sides with a sponge. I use a car shampoo followed by a rinse. Yesterday was a great bright day for it, but this morning it is getting rinsed by nature with a couple of fairly heavy showers and continuing rain forecast until about 4.00! I like to use the caravan step inside to reach out of the Heki rooflight and squeeze my hand out of the rooflights too, and clean the edges of the roof that are concealed from the outside, but that will have to wait to another day!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts