CLEANED AND CHECKED VAN TODAY :-)

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I never go away with a dirty car or van, always cleaned before we go away, car most weekends but, that's it.
Everyone to thire own and I don't want to appear over critical but, I can't see the point of cleaning the van when on holiday, I've even left dirtyish windows along for fear of scratching them. The only cleaning items I carry are washing up liquid toothpaste and shower gel. It's all extra weight to carry them around.
I'll now retire to a safe distance and keep my head down.
i am in agreement with you my outfit always washed before we go away ;)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have a problem in that the storage site will not let us wash the caravan on site on the basis we might pollute a stream. Been there years and never had a problem before but very difficult to be sure I can do it at home because of parked cars outside so it might have to wait until we are on site. It is pretty clean considering the problem though.
A full wash might have to wait until we ae at Whitewater Park, where hopefully we can use the wash there.
But you might have a problem at Whitewater park i would check before you go;)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have a problem in that the storage site will not let us wash the caravan on site on the basis we might pollute a stream. Been there years and never had a problem before but very difficult to be sure I can do it at home because of parked cars outside so it might have to wait until we are on site. It is pretty clean considering the problem though.
A full wash might have to wait until we ae at Whitewater Park, where hopefully we can use the wash there.
Hi Ray i hope this problem gets sorted about water at your storage site :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB It was a deep detail clean. Took two days. The Greased Lightening is also a carnuba wax which is the bonus. We’ve hade her 12 years now and must say she still scrubs up well🤪🤪

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well Well . Thought I'd pressure wash the path, thought I'd been careful, no chance, splattered my van, couldn't see it till it dried. It'll have to wait till it cools down a bit now.:mad::mad::mad:

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Was done before last outing a few weeks ago and even spent 2 hrs cleaning the roof alone lol, so a was and wax shampoo is all that it getting lol.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Was done before last outing a few weeks ago and even spent 2 hrs cleaning the roof alone lol, so a was and wax shampoo is all that it getting lol.
Our caravan will need a wash and wax but at the moment my back not playing ball so it might be a quick wipe down . ;)

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Well, van and car washed and ready for the off tomorrow , wife finishes at 12pm so hopefully a quick exit .

Only a bout a 90min drive so happy days, beer will be opened soon.

👍🍻

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Washed our van and car last weekend. Mrs has it all packed.
I finish at 12 too and a nice 60 min tow to our site, weather looks ok so looking forward to it.

Kev

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I have in the past mentioned we se Fenwicks winter wash and top of van has been almost spotless after the winter. However this last holiday ,middle of May and us being under a tree which in the night sounded like a drum up there . Anyway going away this Sunday gave it the once over but this time found the back half of roof brown with leaves etc on it . .No problem I thought so washed it off or so I thought and got the stain down to about size of a dinner plater .Used all the usual things and still it would not come out. In the end tried rubbing down paste gentle and still will not come off . Seems we have to spray it or leave it or will the sun bleach it out .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have in the past mentioned we se Fenwicks winter wash and top of van has been almost spotless after the winter. However this last holiday ,middle of May and us being under a tree which in the night sounded like a drum up there . Anyway going away this Sunday gave it the once over but this time found the back half of roof brown with leaves etc on it . .No problem I thought so washed it off or so I thought and got the stain down to about size of a dinner plater .Used all the usual things and still it would not come out. In the end tried rubbing down paste gentle and still will not come off . Seems we have to spray it or leave it or will the sun bleach it out .
Had you washed the Fenwicks off prior to your May trip? Must admit I’ve never had an problems at all and when the van gets its first post winter wash it comes up a treat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts