CLEANED AND CHECKED VAN TODAY :-)

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve done half of the jobs that the original poster in as much as I went to give the caravan a real good check over, I’m leaving the cleaning side for now, checked today though all the nooks and crannies where mould could have been lurking, under the bed cupboards etc etc the list is endless and I can happily say I found nothing whatsoever that needed anything to be done, we are having our first trip out on 20th April so I’ll fetch it home before then to give it a quick wash down, I say a quick wash because in early May I’ve got tourershine coming to give it a top to bottom clean that will leave it looking probably better than it looked when it came out of the factory and for the next 12 months it will need nothing more than a hose down, it’s not cheap but in my opinion worth every penny, so I’m pleased with preparations so far and our first run is getting nearer, I know when it gets to the 12th I shall be green with envy hearing who’s on the road already, I hope everyone is getting ready to enjoy.

BP
Beehpee with our breathable cover it getting very tiresome to put on the caravan l don"t know how much longer we might be able to do it does Tourershine come out and give you a quote .thanks for any advice you might give me on this matter.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
They don’t come out to give quotes they do either 2 or 3 different levels of cleaning and you get a fixed price and come to you. when I used them previously it was to clean a 1999 Avondale that cleaned up ok, the sides were aluminium and could clean up and polish great, the front and rear panels were plastic of some sort maybe GRP but I couldn’t get so much as a glimpse of a shine and I tried all sorts of cheap and lots of expensive products, the guy came out and was there for I think 4-5 hours, not sure as I was at work, when he had finished it was amazing, looking out the house window I could see the reflection of the clouds above, my niece bought the van off us 2 years after and it still had a good shine all over, I have him booked for sometime in May and he told me to expect the caravan to look better than the day it came out of the bailey factory and I doubt for a minute he’s exaggerating.

easy to find his site www.tourershine.co.uk.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
They don’t come out to give quotes they do either 2 or 3 different levels of cleaning and you get a fixed price and come to you. when I used them previously it was to clean a 1999 Avondale that cleaned up ok, the sides were aluminium and could clean up and polish great, the front and rear panels were plastic of some sort maybe GRP but I couldn’t get so much as a glimpse of a shine and I tried all sorts of cheap and lots of expensive products, the guy came out and was there for I think 4-5 hours, not sure as I was at work, when he had finished it was amazing, looking out the house window I could see the reflection of the clouds above, my niece bought the van off us 2 years after and it still had a good shine all over, I have him booked for sometime in May and he told me to expect the caravan to look better than the day it came out of the bailey factory and I doubt for a minute he’s exaggerating.

easy to find his site www.tourershine.co.uk.
Beehpee Thanks for the information i have made a note of the details now in the diary (y)

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I use Autoglym wash and wax for both van and motor, only polish the motor not the van.

Set me off now, I'll do my Van tomorrow, not bothered if it's raining or not.

Right! Cleaned outside of van and wiped all inside with a bicarbonate solution, particularly the fridge. Will check lights when dusk. I might fill water system with puriclean solution and leave it overnight. I know heating ok because SWMBO sat in van with her word search, yesterday, and wanted the heating on.
Booked motor into Stealers for a main service, Tuesday.
Due for my second Jab on or about15th April (boss has had hers),

So everyone/thing will be like a coiled spring, ready for the off.

PS Van serviced last October.

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Right! Cleaned outside of van and wiped all inside with a bicarbonate solution, particularly the fridge. Will check lights when dusk. I might fill water system with puriclean solution and leave it overnight. I know heating ok because SWMBO sat in van with her word search, yesterday, and wanted the heating on.
Booked motor into Stealers for a main service, Tuesday.
Due for my second Jab on or about15th April (boss has had hers),

So everyone/thing will be like a coiled spring, ready for the off.

PS Van serviced last October.
Should Puriclens be left in overnight?

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Should Puriclens be left in overnight?
OC You had me trotting off down the garage to see.
It says one to twelve hours. I'll leave it in the Aquaroll for a couple of hours, then fill the system, I'm usually around in the morning between seven or eight. rinse out then.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
OC You had me trotting off down the garage to see.
It says one to twelve hours. I'll leave it in the Aquaroll for a couple of hours, then fill the system, I'm usually around in the morning between seven or eight. rinse out then.
I’ve only ever used it for a couple of hours and never had any untoward effects and we drink from the Aquaroll source.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve always drunk the water from caravan due to not being too clued up when we first started caravanning and never had any side affects but I rarely drink anything other than coffee and a beer or 3, my routine has always been fetch the van from storage, fill aqua roll with puriclean solution and then by the time I’ve cleaned the van it’s usually ready to flush it out, I don’t think I’ve ever done it more than once a year, I will say I use serviced pitches when possible and the hose that goes from the tap to the aqua roll looks pretty grotty if you look down it, I tried to clean it through with no effect at all so I’ll buy a new length of hose before our first trip, I’m sure the caravan pipe work is as grotty as that hose but I can’t see down them so it’s a case of what the eyes can’t see can’t hurt.

BP

Reactions: JezzerB and DaveA1
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The wastemaster gets a rinse and once the caps are screwed on any smell can’t get out and I’ve never noticed any smell at all, a quick rinse when packing up and does the trick.

BP

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’ve always drunk the water from caravan due to not being too clued up when we first started caravanning and never had any side affects but I rarely drink anything other than coffee and a beer or 3.
When we first start caravanning in the UK in about 2003 we found that when using water from the taps tea or coffee had a strange taste. Never had a bad stomach drinking but did not like the taste.
Previous to this the caravan that we used many years before never had any pipe work or running water so buying a modern caravan with pipework, hot water, toilet, etc was quite a novelty.
We then started buying 5l bottles of water and eventually took the water direct from the site's taps and no more issue with funny tasting tea or coffee.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been to the caravan today we had a few things on the list to do
1/ Breathable Cover off including the Hitch cover
2/ Take all salt pots out
3/ Put cushions down on there bunks
4/ Shut all cupboards , fridge door and Wardrobe
Seeing the last three weeks i have been on bedrest with my bad back & ulcers
Someone at the caravan Storage gave us a bit of help getting the cover off of the van we were pleased because it is windy today to each its own

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Been to the caravan today we had a few things on the list to do
1/ Breathable Cover off including the Hitch cover
2/ Take all salt pots out
3/ Put cushions down on there bunks
4/ Shut all cupboards , fridge door and Wardrobe
Seeing the last three weeks i have been on bedrest with my bad back & ulcers
Someone at the caravan Storage gave us a bit of help getting the cover off of the van we were pleased because it is windy today to each its own
Is it a good idea to shut the fridge door if it’s not being used? Surely it’s better to ventilate the fridge especially if power is not on to it.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The motor mover not been used since October the caravan went smoothly up to the car without any problems then drop off for service and some other bits we need doing .

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Did ours yesterday, washed with Autoglym wash, polished with carplan numberone top gloss so it's now looking Good. Battery was reading 13.4volts and the ep legs went up and then popped them back down till we go. Fridge is always left open so a quick tyre pressure check next week and were ready to go. Always leave puriclean in waste hog and aquaroll so once on site we'll run the taps for a while which were left open to flush out any gunk and we're food to go .we always drink from the caravan taps.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Did ours yesterday, washed with Autoglym wash, polished with carplan numberone top gloss so it's now looking Good. Battery was reading 13.4volts and the ep legs went up and then popped them back down till we go. Fridge is always left open so a quick tyre pressure check next week and were ready to go. Always leave puriclean in waste hog and aquaroll so once on site we'll run the taps for a while which were left open to flush out any gunk and we're food to go .we always drink from the caravan taps.
Hi JezzerB does your caravan look stunning now (y)

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Well got the van to my drive today to try clean the roof, well impressed 👍 fenwicks caravan cleaner done the job and while it was here i done the puriclean, defo all set to go now .👍👍

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Well since it was such a nice weekend weather wise i decided to collect the caravan from storage this weekend and give it a once over, to my astonishment every thing worked as it should and fired up without any issues, I was expecting something to either not work or play up but all good (y).

Gave it a good wash and checked tire pressures etc all spot on, to be fair the van wasn't really that dirty considering it has been in storage untouched since November.

Regarding washing the Caravan i use a good quality car wash and wax and found this to be very good but i do have a few hard to reach areas on the roof which seem more stubborn to come off using the long car washing brush, any recommendations for a product that might help move the stubborn marks on the roof?

Many Thanks.

;)
Hi,
I use a car wash and wax shampoo.for troublesome stains I use watered down Fenwicks caravan cleaner in an old detergent spray bottle applied first then the car shampoo,same cleaning method for the roof except I also use an extendable long brush.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts