Cleaning for winter - skylights

Dec 2, 2019
Visit site
We have just winterised our Venus 570 and always give the van a good clean and polish before covering up so that come the springtime we're ready for the off.

I have yet to find a way of cleaning the rooflights especially the toilet and around the hinges of the tilting rooflights

Any suggestions? I do not want to dismantle the rooflights, again as access to the fittings is not possible (without a scaffold)

Alan

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have to work from both the inside and outside to clean them. I spray with Fenwicks and leave to soak. Then using a combination of medium length handled soft car brush, short handed soft car brush, microfibre cloths i work from outside and inside to remove/ loosen as much dirt as possible. Then wipe down with cloths attached to a bit of batten. Finally close and latch the roof lights and hose down but not with a fierce jet more a shower.
For access outside I use a ladder with lengths of pipe insulation pushed onto it so that when leaning against the caravan the pipe insulation protects the awning rail and roofline.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts