Cleaning the loo, have I missed somthing???

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Without wishing to be indelicate, is there any product on the market to clean the loo after No2s. The loo brush that one uses at home is not practical as one does not have 'in loo' water to wash the brush. Have I missed out on a major inavasion through lack of awairness?? or do we all grovel.

Sorry if anyones about to have dinner.

ttfn

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
John Wickersham in the Caravan Handbook ( Haynes ) details the ' origami ' method on page 179. At the risk of infringing copy right . . . . flush a small amount of water into the bowl - criss cross a few pieces of paper on the water just touching the bowl. Proceed . . . then flush. He describes the result as ' gift wrapped panache '. And it works !

See the rest of the book for more down to earth advice.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Toilet brush is a no no. Very unhygenic and difficult to clean especially in a van.

I don't see a problem with toilet paper and your hand.... you just performed a similar operation on your backside !

Funny how people get squeamish about everyday natural occurences. I know quite a few people who don't even use the caravan toilet loo.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
It definatly effects your street cred when dressed in your tux and about to get onto the limo to go to the clubs annual bash you have to get down on your hands and knees and stick your head in the loo. Or is it just me.

Anyway it could be an oppertunity. We have three posibilities so far.

Stewart...........improve ones aim.

Mike E.... Paper laid as a little nest to catch it all and then wrap it up as a little parcel.

Now mine. ....How about a slipery spray to prevent adhesion and to slide it down the slippery slope.

I am sure someone could do better????

ttfn

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Rioja, we dont use ours for no 2s, perfectly good toilets on site for that. So as for how to clean cant answer that one.

Everybody to there own. Ive got to empty the thing so no1s only in our van

Kevin H

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We never use site toilets, all numbers done in the van! Just open the blade at the approriate time. Very easy and rarely any mess.

I am probably too fussy but I don't like sharing a loo outside the family.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I am quite happy that some only visit sites with toilets and EHU as they leave all the best sites and rallies to those that are happy to use their own toilets, showers and run on battery.

We do visit commercial and CC sites but it would drive me up the wall if that was all I ever did.

SSSHHHHH don't tell them what they are missing.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
I am quite happy that some only visit sites with toilets and EHU as they leave all the best sites and rallies to those that are happy to use their own toilets, showers and run on battery.

We do visit commercial and CC sites but it would drive me up the wall if that was all I ever did.

SSSHHHHH don't tell them what they are missing.
Garry

Only started touring this year and have only been to CC sites so far.

We have come to realise that our van which we purchased in Feb 07 offers us all that we need, a proper shower cubicle and of course a loo.

SHE, has found that she can't GO!, on the site loo, and is only able to RELAX in the van. So why should I pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you use one of the caravan loo brushes for a final scrub after the paper as described above(the toilet not you) then it can be rinsed in the toilet flush until Ok to return to the holder.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
The things one does for England, or, after extensive reserch I have concluded that Mike E has the right idea but is improved by the use of one sheet of high absortion kitchen roll. Place in loo with blade closed, then when it does drop in, it is gift wrapped in transit.

Baby wipes would be better, but as they do not decompose quickly they would become a problem for the site opperator.

ttfn

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts