Cleaning Windows

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone tell if it is safe to use a household window cleaner, like 'Mr Muscle' on caravan windows? Also, is it safe on awning windows?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, just joined this topic to see the responses. You can get acrylic cleaners which are supposed to be quite good. However, if anyone can offer any other suggestions, I'd be interested to hear them.

Lh

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa, sonic, I wouldn't personally use any household cleaners for caravan windows as they are meant for glass not acrylic and contain all kinds of nasty chemicals, use one of the dedicated cleaners they are not hard to get hold of.

When you clean your windows hose them down first to get rid of as much crap as you can, whatever you do don't use a bucket and sponge as you are smearing them with all the grit that you have just washed off acting like sandpaper.Use the same method on the fly's graveyard on the front windows and keep hosing it until it softens.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sonic

I seem to remember reading in the hanbbook of a previous 'van (an Avondale)that they suggested car polish on the windows to clean them but only after them being washed with clean soapy water.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do not use Mr Muscle or similar.

They are good at what they are supposed to do,but NOT windows on vans as they can be quite corrosive.

Fenwicks produce a product called wondowise and its very good after using it myself I can reccomend it for van windows. As far as your awning windows go I would only a very mild solution of hand soap and water,as a detergent could damage not only the clear area of the wondow but also the fabric.

rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sonic...try a product called "Clear-a-view".Just spray on and wipe it's good for glass as well,made by Grove products so available at most caravan accessory shops.

Mike.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
ive always used autoglym fast glass and glass polish,both are safe on acrylic windows and the finish is unbeatable,even covering small scratches.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts