Cliff Richard & The Shadows

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just returned home from a fantastic evening at the CIA in Cardiff watching an evening of entertainment with Cliff Richard & The Shadows. Worth every penny. For a group who are in their late 60s/early 70s they put on a fantastic evening of non stop music from the 1950s through to their latest release - Singing the Blues. Cliff is 70 on October 16th. and Brian Bennett the drumer has passed his 70th. birthday. They did not at any time appear to be exhausted in a show involving music and dancing on stage. Hank Marvin gave an outstanding performance as lead guitarist.

I would recommend any person to go and see them if they have the chance - I am 100% certain that whoever should see their show will be very pleasantly entertained for the full length of their performance.

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin, sounds like a great show ,hope the old fellows dont tire themselves out before we get to see them in Manchester on the 17th of this month, looking forward to the show!!

Baza

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Colin, Glad you enjoyed the show, Mrs Thorpedo and myself are at the CIA for the show on Tuesday 20th and looking forward to it.

Not looking forward to 2.5 hrs drive home after though.

Last time at the CIA we took the Van and stayed 2 nights at Tredagar house, saw Viva la Diva which was a real treat.

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin , you were spot on ,Cliff and the Shadows were absolutly top draw , a fantastic evening with top class artists ,I was quite jealous that Cliff is 8 years older than me and look and moves like someone 20 years younger than me ,

That was one show Im glad I didnt miss

Baza

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Colin and Gramps

Have to agree with you both, saw the show last night in Cardiff, it was really was a treat, enjoyed every minute. They were on stage for a total of 2.5 hours which is a tribute to their profesionalism and fitness for 69 year olds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts