CLs and CSs in northern ireland

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
Just wondering if it is worth my while joining the caravan club or the c & C club as i live in northern ireland and i know there is only one each of their ordinary parks here. But is there more CLs and CSs here that i don't know about?

Apr 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Emmy,

We're in the C&C club and have been to Delamont. If you stay at delamont regularly then yes it's worth join. If you stay 7 or more might, in a 12month period, you'll save your joining fee as it's cheaper for club members.

Apr 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi

We joined camping and caravan club as we like Dalamont and also the local DA's go to the forest parks etc with a choice of 3 different meets most weekends. We like that for the majority you don't have to book in advance, just turn up, as with work and kids its hard to plan ahead.

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi

We joined camping and caravan club as we like Dalamont and also the local DA's go to the forest parks etc with a choice of 3 different meets most weekends. We like that for the majority you don't have to book in advance, just turn up, as with work and kids its hard to plan ahead.
Sorry to appear niave Jo-jo, but what are DA's?

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi emmy, we joined the c&cc last year when we where at Delemont, we stayed for a week so we did benefit from paying the fee, this year when our membership was up we were not going to renew as there are no other c&cc sites here and even though we did enjoy Delemont there are that many sites in northern ireland especially up round the north coast that we didn't think that we would be back in Delemont this year or next. But as we have our caravan insured through the club we found that we where saving on the insurance by being a member so we have joined up for another year.

By the way what are your favourite sites in nothern ireland, we love forest parks like Castlewellan and Kilbroney.

Jennifer

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Emmy - we joined Caravan Club for one year but did not find any benefits as they only have one site at Drumaheglis, Ballymoney. Same thing with C & C Club as I think they only have Delamont and we would not want to stick to the same site all the time. It did not benefit us at all as we found a lot of other sites to be cheaper anyway.

Jennifer - Castlewellan Forest and Kilbroney are also our favourite sites and the kids just love it!

We did not find Caravan Club insurance a good deal at all -again, another reason why we did not continue with membership.

If you travel to the UK Mainland often you would probably benefit more from these clubs.

Janet

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi janet, You mentioned that you had been to the site at Ballymoney we are booked there for a week in July, Hubby choose it as we have a small speed boat and are hoping to get friends to tow it there for us (put them up in awning in return) what is the site like we haven't talked to anyone who has been there before.

Thanks.

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jennifer

If you have a boat you will love Drumaheglis at Ballymoney.

It is a lovely site and very quiet, although we have only been once as we would prefer somewhere closer to Portrush itself.

I am sure you will have a great week there.

Janet

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jennifer. Yes, Drumaheglis is a lovely site. Very peaceful right beside the river. Washrooms always spotless, well laid out site. Good play area for the kids. Nice dog walk through wooded area.

Apr 26, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to appear niave Jo-jo, but what are DA's?
Sorry Emmy, District Associations. Groups of club members meet in different sites through the year.You get a list when you join. We have been away twice with them, we only joined recently. This is the start of our second year with the caravan, though we haven't ventured outside NI yet!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts