Clumber Park CC site

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi

We have booked this site for 2 weeks in July. Coming over from Ireland, never been in this area before but think it looks lovely. With 4 young uns to entertain do you think there is enough to entertain them for this long that costs very little!

Going to Flamingoland first which in their eyes will possibly be a hard act to follow..

Thanks in advance

brenda

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
I've not managed to book this site yet, as its always fully booked for weekends.

Its quite close to me and hugely popular, so I suspect it must have that certain something that people like.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It is a nice site but the downside is, because it is open to the woodland and roadways, they've had their problems with scrotes stealing stuff from pitches.

I've been twice with no problems but we've never had bikes in awnings for them to nick.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Brenda

We went to Clumber in August this year.

Had a really good stay by sheer luck coincided with Robin Hood festival which was brilliant.

Site wardens were great and really friendly.

Bikes can be stored over night in a garage and there were security patrols overnight while we were there.

Plenty of safe cycling and walking around the area.

Have a great time and enjoy.

Tom

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brenda

Not been to Clumber Park, but been to Flamingoland - your kids will love it - brilliant day out with having both zoo and amusement park all in one. Well worth the money!!

Chrissie

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Lb says, there have been numerous reports of thefts from the site. If you take bikes etc, ensure they are secure.

I went there last year on a glorious summers day (the park, not the campsite) for a bike ride round clumber park. Never again, it was manic. Motorists driving without due care and attention, it really was every man for himself. I'd never go at peak time again.

Lisa

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Thanks so much for the replies. Unfortunately learned the hard way re bikes getting stolen. Ripped off bike racks on car roof at Blackpool Haven last year. First job will be looking for that garage at Clumber..

Thanks again all

Brenda

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Really good area but no experience with little uns. Not far away: matlock and the heights of abraham, the workhouse at Southwell is national trust and you get a personal commentary, Crich tramway museum, Hardwick hall.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We've stopped at Clumber a few times for long weekends. Play area is good, roughly in the centre with one area with equipment and next to it an area for ball games. Some of the pitches have quite a bit of space behind them so plenty of space for swing ball etc. Lots of walking in the park and cycling. No complaints from our 3 kids.

Will be returning in the future.

Annette

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't be put off by the talk of bike thefts. We were there over new year and the wardens have it well undercontrol. Just use the facilities that are availble to make your bikes secure. The night security was a bit of a shock at 3am with a big bright search light scanning the wooded areas. Just another deterent that has been put in palce to make your and your property safer.

We had a luvverley time , I even took SWMBO to Meadowhall shopping !!!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
ive booked it for april but im panaking because im hoping its nothing like Longleat which i hated. un ruley kids not being watched and running through pitches winding my dog up screaming and shouting etc etc. i have 2 of my own kids but there not un ruley on sites and have respect for other peoples cars and caravans.

jo

neil, whats meadow hall like lol

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have never had a problem with unruly kids running across our pitch in all the times we have been there. There were some really nice kids there whenever we stopped there. Our youngest son talks and uses sign language, a a little girl in the playground signed and talked to him. She'd learnt to sign at school because there was another child who signed in her class - lovely to see. Parents were supervising their kids when we were there, a couple of dads organised a game of football for the kids. If you avoid the pitches which back onto the play area then you reduce the risk of kids going near your van.

Meadowhall is an out of town undercover shopping mall outside of Sheffield, plenty of parking, shopping, major name stores and some smaller shops, large eating area and smaller coffee type shops, cinema.Can get busy around luchtime. Very close to M1. Previously lived 40 minutes drive away before relocation.

Hope this helps

Annette

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi

We have never had a problem with unruly kids running across our pitch in all the times we have been there. There were some really nice kids there whenever we stopped there. Our youngest son talks and uses sign language, a a little girl in the playground signed and talked to him. She'd learnt to sign at school because there was another child who signed in her class - lovely to see. Parents were supervising their kids when we were there, a couple of dads organised a game of football for the kids. If you avoid the pitches which back onto the play area then you reduce the risk of kids going near your van.

Meadowhall is an out of town undercover shopping mall outside of Sheffield, plenty of parking, shopping, major name stores and some smaller shops, large eating area and smaller coffee type shops, cinema.Can get busy around luchtime. Very close to M1. Previously lived 40 minutes drive away before relocation.

Hope this helps

Annette
thanks annette its put me mind at rest

thankyou

jo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ive booked it for april but im panaking because im hoping its nothing like Longleat which i hated. un ruley kids not being watched and running through pitches winding my dog up screaming and shouting etc etc. i have 2 of my own kids but there not un ruley on sites and have respect for other peoples cars and caravans.

jo

neil, whats meadow hall like lol
Meadow hall is an expensive night mare, wher i had olive oil spilt onto my traousers in a restaurant and our 9 year olf bought a dud remote control car from Debenhams we're now 100 miles away.

Yes it was wonderful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts