Coachman caravans

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
BMW certainly saved Mini and the Rolls and Bentley aren't doing badly under VAG ownership.
What did BMW save - just the Mini and Rolls-Royce brand names, everything else is BMW design - I do agree that Bentley is thriving as part of VW Group, a process started under Vickers which ended the era when Bentley as just a rebadged Rolls-Royce after R-Rs take over of Bentley.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Better than losing them though! Shame BL weren't taken over by Honda, but hey ho. who is to say they'd have done any better. The Coachman take over is by a well known, in Europe anyway Caravan manufacturer so we're led to believe-and hopefully it will secure their future , but who knows. It's the venture capitalist type takeovers that worry me, but ..........!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What did BMW save - just the Mini and Rolls-Royce brand names, everything else is BMW design - I do agree that Bentley is thriving as part of VW Group, a process started under Vickers which ended the era when Bentley as just a rebadged Rolls-Royce after R-Rs take over of Bentley.
Actually Mini design and development is primarily carried out in Britain. As is Rolls Royce too, although there is bound to be levels of crossover in both design and hardware within the parent group offerings.
If you read up on what Mini comprises in Britain it shows how a loss making company can be revitalised to become a successful Brand in its own right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_(marque)

Reactions: WayneS and JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Quite right Clive and having been to the factory and done the tour can vouch for local input from elsewhere too-for examply the dashboards are also made in a factory in Oxford close to Mini plant, and the engines in the Midlands. I know they are BMW owned but the factory is thriving and the UK workers are proud of their product.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Quite right Clive and having been to the factory and done the tour can vouch for local input from elsewhere too-for examply the dashboards are also made in a factory in Oxford close to Mini plant, and the engines in the Midlands. I know they are BMW owned but the factory is thriving and the UK workers are proud of their product.

The investment in the midlands Hams Hall engine factory was a further plus for BMW commitment to manufacture in GB.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am agreement with you Mini are doing great l have seen a new EV mini cooper looks brilliant .

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We love ours; however Mini have announced they're investing heavily in production in China-hope it isn't at the expense of Mini UK.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We love ours; however Mini have announced they're investing heavily in production in China-hope it isn't at the expense of Mini UK.
The next few years will be interesting for all UK car producers as they struggle with the declarations of “ content” and other Brexit related issues for cars destined for export. Our domestic market isn’t large enough to support them as profitable entities.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Now a Mini has the price of a BMW so no longer for the working class!
Hardly, a base Cooper is £15645and 24k for the basic 1series. I agree the Mini isn't pocket money but even a Dacia Sandero is 8k on the road. Cheapest car you can buy new I think.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts