coachman mirage 500/5

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I used to have a 1997 Mirage 480/4, which was a really nice caravan and none of the internal bits & pieces fell off. BUT!! I had major damp problems with it. On hot days, the sealing mastic behind the awning rails used to ooze out, running down like chewing gum. My local dealer said this was because the body of the van had been badly put together, with the adjoining panels not quite lining up. The manufacturer had put down a "generous" bead of sealant to try to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately the sealant is not designed to fill gaps, but is there to form a watertight seal between two closely fitting panels (which mine weren't....). Not all caravans are as bad as this, but for peace of mind, I would have a damp test done and visually check the condition of the sealant behind all the trim & rails.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'd agree entirely with everything Gary said; I have a 1998 Mirage 480/4 Lux, it's a great van, mine's quite solidly put together, nothing in the interior has fallen off, the van seems quite strong structurally, solid as a rock whilst towing, and has a light noseweight. Just for the books, mine weighs 955kgs and can be loaded upto 1300kgs - the 500 shouldn't be too different. The only problem, as mentioned before, is damp: not bad in mine, and there is none of the 'melting' Gary expirienced, but i'm facing a

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we have a coachman mirage lux 520/4 its a super van well built and tow's brillant behind our omega no problems would recaomnd it but take the usuall test re damp as you would with any second hand van its worth the money to take it to a dealer to have tested all the best happy camping

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts