Coachman Pastiche 2006 toilet taps

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Went to clean the pipes on the van yesterday and while I was trying to pull water through I noticed that the toilet taps has zero pressure, it was just trickling out. When the tap was on the pump wasn't pumping so I am assuming the micro switch inside the tap has failed?

Do i need to replace the whole tap or can the microswitch be changed?
I foolishly left the manual in the van that's in the storage so can head back later this week and grab it if needed.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20240403_124745.jpg
    20240403_124745.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240403_124650.jpg
    20240403_124650.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 8
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with jcloughie, (Good call) the lack of wires suggests you have a pressure switched system.

Three possibilities come to mind:

The first is the filter on the end of the spout may be blocked with lime scale. These often unscrew from the fawcett and an be cleaned with a descaler.

The second is a possible air lock in the pipe work. Open a tap that does cause the pump to run, and then open the tap thats not working. If its an air lock the working tap should safter a few seconds through to the suspect tap. DO this for hot and cold feeds.

The third is something a bit more involved, Does your caravan have a carbon water filter? Did you remove it before cleaning the pipes? If you have one and you didn't remove it whilst cleaning, then I suspect it may have lost its containment and released carbon particles into the pipework. You would normally see bits in the water from taps, these bits can get into various valves in teh water system and prevent them from working properly, may be jammed closed , partly open or fully open. If this has happened, then each section of the affected pipework will need to be dismantled to either clean or replace.

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
I agree with jcloughie, (Good call) the lack of wires suggests you have a pressure switched system.

Three possibilities come to mind:

The first is the filter on the end of the spout may be blocked with lime scale. These often unscrew from the fawcett and an be cleaned with a descaler.

The second is a possible air lock in the pipe work. Open a tap that does cause the pump to run, and then open the tap thats not working. If its an air lock the working tap should safter a few seconds through to the suspect tap. DO this for hot and cold feeds.

The third is something a bit more involved, Does your caravan have a carbon water filter? Did you remove it before cleaning the pipes? If you have one and you didn't remove it whilst cleaning, then I suspect it may have lost its containment and released carbon particles into the pipework. You would normally see bits in the water from taps, these bits can get into various valves in teh water system and prevent them from working properly, may be jammed closed , partly open or fully open. If this has happened, then each section of the affected pipework will need to be dismantled to either clean or replace.
Thank you for this. I'm hoping its option 1! i did think it may be an air lock so did open it at the same time as the kitchen tap and it didn't seem to change, so maybe it is just the filter.

I do not think it has a carbon filter, just the Carver filter outside by the water inlet. I'll head back asap and check all of this out and hopefully will be an easy fix!

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I keep the tap spout filters just hand tight so I can remove and rinse them after a lay-up or a longer break. there is ALWAYS some minor debris there. From recollection there are two mesh and one plastic filter in the end so they don't take much to get blocked. A good staring point and likely to be the culprit. As a pressure system when the water is run the pressure reduces causing the pump to switch on - so if no water flowing the pump is not activated.

Reactions: McLosi
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for this. I'm hoping its option 1! i did think it may be an air lock so did open it at the same time as the kitchen tap and it didn't seem to change, so maybe it is just the filter.

I do not think it has a carbon filter, just the Carver filter outside by the water inlet. I'll head back asap and check all of this out and hopefully will be an easy fix!
The Carver filter is a carbon filter,

Reactions: McLosi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts