coachman stability

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Im a bit concerned about towing a Coachman after reading an artical about the Michael Jackson trial where a number of witnesses have said they felt a little uneasy with the VIP behind them.........Your comments please.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think this worry all stems from a report concening an Amara and a marigin tow car (Focus)

I've had 2 Pastiche 520/4 with a total towing mileage of over 25,000 without stabilisers or Alko hitches and have other friends with Coachman vans who have had no troubles.

Get the car to van weight ratio right - being honest about the van all up weight - at at least 85 %

Make sure the car can take at least 5% nose weight of the above all up weight and ideally up to 7%

Load the van sensibly with weight low and to the centre. Fit your stabiliser if you must - remember stabilers don't solve the problem, they just get you in trouble at a higher speed.

Of the vans I've had, Coachman quality is good - up there with the Continentals but not perfect.

But please do all the sums about car/weights/ noseweights etc. and then make your decision

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I think this worry all stems from a report concening an Amara and a marigin tow car (Focus)

I've had 2 Pastiche 520/4 with a total towing mileage of over 25,000 without stabilisers or Alko hitches and have other friends with Coachman vans who have had no troubles.

Get the car to van weight ratio right - being honest about the van all up weight - at at least 85 %

Make sure the car can take at least 5% nose weight of the above all up weight and ideally up to 7%

Load the van sensibly with weight low and to the centre. Fit your stabiliser if you must - remember stabilers don't solve the problem, they just get you in trouble at a higher speed.

Of the vans I've had, Coachman quality is good - up there with the Continentals but not perfect.

But please do all the sums about car/weights/ noseweights etc. and then make your decision
Thanks Ray...Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
while towing my Amara in France last year i did get a bit of a wobble, which was a bit annoying as i was only doing 89mpg downhill while passing a juggernaut in a force 9 gale. You would have thought that coachman could do better?

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
while towing my Amara in France last year i did get a bit of a wobble, which was a bit annoying as i was only doing 89mpg downhill while passing a juggernaut in a force 9 gale. You would have thought that coachman could do better?
89 miles per gallon ??!! .... wow ............

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts