Coachman vip 520 solar panel fuse

May 10, 2024
Visit site
Hi all,

Grateful for any help here. We have recently acquired the above van which has a factory fit 100w solar panel and mppt charge controller. Yesterday I changed the battery and fitted a new 120ah agm one. Inline fuse removed but didn’t remove the one in the fuse box. Went back today as didn’t really have time to mess around yesterday and the 20a fuse in fuse box has blown and immediately blew a new one. The charger is showing standby and the app shows the panel is generating current. I’ve also changed the battery type to gel on the app. I’m reluctant to just bang another fuse in as they don’t blow for no reason. No issues with the previous battery so I’m a bit stumped.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Not clear which fuse you are blowing. With solar controllers make sure solar panel is disconnected before disconnecting battery.
Connect battery then panel.

If fuse between controller and battery is blowing issue could be with load if one is wired to controller's load output.

May 10, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

It’s not the inline one between the charger and the battery. It’s the caravan one in the fuse box below the mcb’s. It has a dedicated 20a fuse in there along with all the other fuses for lights etc etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts