Coat-hangers

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there are specially made coathangers that have some kind of locking device to keep them gripped onto the wardrobe rail? I have tried all manner of things to do this...the last being the most successful, a long strip of hook-and-eye tape, but even that fails under certain conditions!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there are specially made coathangers that have some kind of locking device to keep them gripped onto the wardrobe rail? I have tried all manner of things to do this...the last being the most successful, a long strip of hook-and-eye tape, but even that fails under certain conditions!
Yes there are but quite expensive. You can get cheaper security hangars wire or wood or plastic. But then you can’t easily carry clothes on hangars to the van. I used cylindrical foam pipe lagging to keep wire hangars pushed together and then removed it when on site. Never had a hangar fall off.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Similarly as otherclive says but I've used a length of plumbing pipe cut along its length to clip over the rail and hangers.
It mostly worked but now I sometimes find the complete rail with hangers has jumped out. Hey Ho!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
For some reason the current van is no problem though the wardrobs are always full.

A previous van. A Senator Arizona, was always a problem. we cured it in the end by stuffing scatter cushions between the rail and roof. That wardrobe was near the rear of the van which could have made things worse. Also, I dont think that that van had shock absorbers.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We used those round curtain rail hanger with a smaller loop. Hook the cloths hanger through the smaller loop. You have to take the wardrobe runner off and put the rings on and refit the runner.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
We used those round curtain rail hanger with a smaller loop. Hook the cloths hanger through the smaller loop. You have to take the wardrobe runner off and put the rings on and refit the runner.

That sounds to me like a great idea. Can you please add a link to the thingies!
I'm not sure what to search for.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That sounds to me like a great idea. Can you please add a link to the thingies!
I'm not sure what to search for.
If you search security coat hangars you will see many types available. Or book a night at a Premier Inn and take your screwdriver 😱

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes there are but quite expensive. You can get cheaper security hangars wire or wood or plastic. But then you can’t easily carry clothes on hangars to the van. I used cylindrical foam pipe lagging to keep wire hangars pushed together and then removed it when on site. Never had a hangar fall off.
[/QUOTE
Sounds great we might give that a go (y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We solved the problem by never carrying clothes on hangers as you are carrying weight high up. We lay the clothes flat on the bed.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you have any wire ones I would bend the hook at the top until it is just bigger then the diameter of the rail. You can also do this with some cheaper hangers that have a thin metal hook.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried hanging the first coathanger one way then the next hanger the other way and so on.I'm told this works although I have no experience in this aspect of caravanning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts