Compactalite Awnings

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Having had a bad experience with a Quest Basecamp awning as some of you might have seen in my previous posts I am now looking for a different kind. The Compactalite looks a nice awning but I havent seen one pitched. If anyone has had any experience of them, good or bad I would appreciate it if you could let me know. The Compactalite can be seen at http://www.outsideliving.org/awnings/awnings.htm for those who dont know what they look like. Thanks in anticipation.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Chris,

A fast errecting, motorhome style awning is a hot topic amongst Eriba Touring owners. Because of the sub-2-metre height awning rail on the Eriba, I can't comment on the CompactLite - but around 4 people have bought the MoveLite awning - from the same company - and bearing in mind the lowish cost (under

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
HI CHRIS, WE BOUGHT THE COMPACTALITE AWNING AND AFTER ONLY TWICE USING IT IT RIPPED ALL ALONG THE TOP WHERE THE AWNING RAIL IS AND THEN DOWN THE LEFT HAND SIDE. THE WIND WAS BLOWING BUT NOT TO MUCH. IT SEEMS THIS AWNING CAN,T TAKE ANY WIND AT ALL NO MATTER HOW SLIGHT. WHILE ON SITE WE SAW THREE MORE COMPACTALITE AWNINGS DO THE SAME IN THE WIND. WE SPOKE TO THE OWNERS AND EACH ONE TOLD US THEIR,S HAD RIPPED AS WELL. i WOULDN,T HAVE ONE GIVEN ME NOW. WE TOOK OURS BACK AND GOT A COMPLETE REFUND ON IT.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
HI CHRIS, WE BOUGHT THE COMPACTALITE AWNING AND AFTER ONLY TWICE USING IT IT RIPPED ALL ALONG THE TOP WHERE THE AWNING RAIL IS AND THEN DOWN THE LEFT HAND SIDE. THE WIND WAS BLOWING BUT NOT TO MUCH. IT SEEMS THIS AWNING CAN,T TAKE ANY WIND AT ALL NO MATTER HOW SLIGHT. WHILE ON SITE WE SAW THREE MORE COMPACTALITE AWNINGS DO THE SAME IN THE WIND. WE SPOKE TO THE OWNERS AND EACH ONE TOLD US THEIR,S HAD RIPPED AS WELL. i WOULDN,T HAVE ONE GIVEN ME NOW. WE TOOK OURS BACK AND GOT A COMPLETE REFUND ON IT.
Thank you Erica, thats decided it for me. There is a new one on Ebay which I was going to bid on but I'll now knock that on the head.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts